This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hell's Kitchen, new season

So I've been playing catchup via streaming since they don't air it on free-to-air TV down here. (when they do, we're usually a season or two behind. Last I checked though, we are finally playing catchup)

Here's my impressions from the season so far:

-VERY happy to have JP back. He has this sort of charimatic personality that James didn't have. It'll be interesting to see him as the season progresses. As for the chefs, I was a bit sad to hear that Scott wouldn't be back. The new guy looks a tad too intimidating for my liking, but it's still early days. (Scott had to back out due to commitments) I have to wonder if Andi will lay the smackdown on anyone this season

-The idea for the signature dish challenge seemed a bit to me. I can understand trying to put the pressure on them, but still....

-I'm honestly glad that Gina did leave. She seemed like she had checked out from day one just about. She didn't seem too "off" in general, but I had a feeling that she wouldn't last long anyway.

-Sebastian....W.T.F. I can understand trying to be a bit more "friendly" during service, but calling people you've only known for 24 hours (not even that most likely) pet names? Dude, that would've been borderline sexual harassment.

-It's still too early at this stage for me to really "root" for anyone, but I'm so far looking at the boys. Zach or Anthony so far are my favourites.

-The preview for next week looks interesting. Although I have a feeling that the "running" that's in the preview involves her having to chase up something for a challenge, not that she's quit. Drama queen strikes again!

(Oh and for those who were wondering about LAST season, Christina won. I was rooting for her about halfway through the season. It was close though. )
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

See Number 4.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
      That's Kitchen Nightmares, not Hell's Kitchen. Two VERY different shows

Comment

I haven't seen it yet since I watch it with the ex on Hulu cause of a promise made but... Chef Scott handles Chef's steak restaurant in Vegas.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
          I haven't seen it yet since I watch it with the ex on Hulu cause of a promise made but... Chef Scott handles Chef's steak restaurant in Vegas.
          I thought the winner of last season got that job. I guess another winner doesn't last in the prize job?
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post

I thought the winner of last season got that job. I guess another winner doesn't last in the prize job?
            They still have to work up the ranks and prove to their new bosses they can handle the role. Don't know if last years winner is still employed by the restaurant .

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
              It was Fleetwood's in Hawaii.

Comment

Are you sure cause last time I was in Vegas...chef Scott was in Vegas.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                  Are you sure cause last time I was in Vegas...chef Scott was in Vegas.
                  http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/b...-for-mick.html

He may have moved since then though, but yeah, that's where my source came from.

ETA: I loved the idea of the teamwork challenge where they had to get the lobsters, then clean them. It was like a madhouse. Anthony definitely earned my respect for fighting through the challenges AND the punishment with a sprained ankle.
                  Last edited by fireheart; 03-23-2013, 03:32 AM.

Comment

I really hope that the tasting challenge in last night's episode won't replace the classic blind taste test: that one is hands-down my favorite challenge every season.
                    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
                      I really hope that the tasting challenge in last night's episode won't replace the classic blind taste test: that one is hands-down my favorite challenge every season.
                      Same here.

I'm just wondering if we'll get any more people guessing that chicken tastes like "meat tortellini with a bit of sweated onions in the background".

The idea behind the challenge was interesting though. Although I suspect that because some of the contestants didn't actually taste the products (their teammate did while they grabbed the protein), Ramsay will follow through with the actual taste test.

I do have to wonder if Jeremy is trying to cover up another issue when he passed out. His excuse of not eating didn't just fly by with them, it doesn't fly by me either.

Comment

This season is pretty much beyond the looking glass for me. Its become so obviously staged that its actually come out the other side and become cheesily entertaining again. It's the cooking equivalent of pro-wrestling now. Though I applaud Fox for thinking that anyone would buy that EVERY challenge would end up as a tie. For 4 seasons now. That's pretty ballsy ;p

JP's return has been wasted though now that they insist on completely scripting his every appearance on camera. Turning him into a buffoon and trying to make some sort of animosity between him and Ramsay. Talk about not understanding why everyone liked him in the first place.

The whole point is that he's such a prim and proper host in contrast to Ramsay's lunacy. Now all of a sudden he's gone from a consummate professional and perfectionist to a clumsy buffoon whose only job is to make sad puppy eyes with a sound effect whenever Ramsay is forced to read aloud some awful joke about him.

Comment

Working...
                        X