This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to make things better but its not working

So my gf and I broke up and then I got laid off from my job. I decided to move a new city and got a job there and am staying with my parents for now.

I am trying to put things behind me but its friggin hard.

What has me down is a skidded and put my car in the ditch and now it needs a ton of repairs.

I feel like things are never are never gonna get better. trying to socialize with new friends and go to different outings but its not easy.

I will have some stories from my new work, barring identifying details, rather then venting on you guys but i just dont know what to do and needed to vent tho. thanks tho. i know this a downer

Vent away. That's what the site is for!

I hope things get better for you soon!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I second that. You've been hit with a fair amount of sh*t in a short time.

Comment

I'd say 'things can't get any worse' but we know what kind of crap THAT draws down. On the plus side, you have a place to stay, apparently the car is repairable, albeit expensively, and if worse comes to worse, you can turn to writing country-western songs.

Just don't get a dog!

Good luck 50.

Comment

Sometimes you have a patch of 'down'. It will pass, in time. It will pass faster if you work towards 'up'.

What have you done today - however small - to work towards 'up'? Every day, make sure you've done at least one thing to work towards the improvements you want in your life.

Yes, life will sometimes throw you 'two steps back' for every step forward - or so it feels like. But in my experience, we come out of those periods a stronger, better person. At least, we do if we don't let it turn us into bitter creatures. :wry:
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

lol at sms101 and good info from seehat et all

thanks guys so much. I am saving money staying here for now and I just found out my old place back home sold!

I found out from a coworker this martial arts place/gym near by and I plan to check it out once the pain from the accident goes away.

Today i am going for a hike before work.

Comment

Just take care. Things will get better. Hiking is a great stress reliever! (Unless you step off the edge of the trail and go tumbling down the mountainside...just trust me, that doesn't help so much.)

When the clutch went out on my car AND Hubby's car within a week of each other, I felt devastated, since a working vehicle is kinda essential for both my jobs. But after talking to some people I was referred to a mechanic who arranges payments (I've been his loyal customer ever since). So sometimes asking around for help will net you a solution. It never hurts to ask around.
              Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
              X