X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're comin' to your town,
    We'll help ya burn it down,
    We're an American Band.
    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
      If a lane isn't taking cash, I prefer to just shut it down completely (partly to avoid what happened in this tale). I've had SCs physically remove the signs I put over the cash acceptor and then complain.
      This is what I do whenever it happens...for the most part, there are enough selfscans in my store where closing the ones that don't take cash usually aren't a problem. In fact, it seems like one of the old selfscans has been closed forever (at least the past month) because they've been waiting on a part for the bill dispenser.

Comment

Try this: "My family built this town!"
        "And you're proud of that?"
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
          I have placed physical blocks in the cash & note slots to prevent people using them while I fetch our mandated signs, and returned to find people digging them back out rather that using the next available unblocked machine[...]
          When I used to work in the arcade, standard procedure was to place the out of order stickers directly over the coin slots to block access. Bad enough that some folks would take those stickers off, but I ran into some who would push the quarters right through the stickers, then come complain when the game didn't work.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
            SC: My family built this town!

Me: Yeah? So what have YOU done lately?

besides being an ass

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
              When I used to work in the arcade, standard procedure was to place the out of order stickers directly over the coin slots to block access. Bad enough that some folks would take those stickers off, but I ran into some who would push the quarters right through the stickers, then come complain when the game didn't work.
              Did you charge those that pushed their coins through the stickers the replacement cost of the stickers?
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                Did you charge those that pushed their coins through the stickers the replacement cost of the stickers?
                No, but after one particularly bad week for it, a new policy was put in action where no refunds or free games would be issued for inserting money into a properly marked machine. Odd how people stopped doing it almost immediately.
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                X