This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome follow-up!

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this story, but because it's a follow-up to this http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=52850 story from 2009 I'm guessing this is okay.

If you don't want to read the old post, the short version is: 5 years ago I installed an in-wall doggy door for a very obnoxious woman who was moving in to her (very nice and very rich) boyfriend's house. Hijinks ensued, obnoxious woman got owned.

On to today: My friend Tom hires me to remove a doggy door and patch the wall up. (This is why people install doggy doors in the walls of frame-and-stucco houses; it's very easy to undo.) The house looks familiar when I arrive, and as soon as I meet the homeowner I realize exactly where I am. Turns out that the guy's obnoxious girlfriend is now his obnoxious ex-wife. She's no longer living in the house. In fact, the last of her belongings in the place is the doggy door I'm removing.

This piques my curiosity, since in most divorces I've been privy to the wife usually gets the house, and the lion's share of the stuff therein. Chatting with the customer while working, I learn that his divorce settlement amounted to her keeping everything that was hers prior to the marriage, him keeping everything that was his prior to the marriage, including the house, and splitting everything either party acquired during the marriage 50-50. That's not the usual terms in this State. It seems that the guy had a bullet-proof pre-nup. Guess how he made his large, impressive pile of money?

He's a divorce lawyer.

I can't decide whether to accept the job if Tom wants me to re-install the doggy door in the woman's new house. On the one hand I don't want to deal with the miserable cow, but on the other hand I'd love to see if all this has taken any of the wind out of her sails.

Awesome
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I wonder if he shoved her through the Bitc...ER...I mean DOGGIE door. ��
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Hahaha!!! Love it. Karma can take a while but it does catch up.

Comment

Why was he even with her in the first place? I read the original post, she was not a nice person.
          I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
            Why was he even with her in the first place? I read the original post, she was not a nice person.
            I'm guessing she must have been quite attractive. I read the original post too. She really has no personality going for her. Unless you count flying psycho bitch from hell as a personality.

Comment

Its hard to judge with only negative information, but what a great and fitting ending.

Comment

Quoth freespirit114 View Post
                I'm guessing she must have been quite attractive. I read the original post too. She really has no personality going for her. Unless you count flying psycho bitch from hell as a personality.
                She was very, very pretty. And I'm sure she could be charming when she wanted to, but I'm pretty sure the guy was just dazzled by her looks.

Comment

Just read the original thread. Sounds like this outcome was rather obvious even back then.

If you do end up reinstalling it in her new house, tell her "those were the rates 5 years ago. It's now $150." I'll bet she turns a new shade of purple!
                  I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
                    Just read the original thread. Sounds like this outcome was rather obvious even back then.
                    Not obvious...but not a surprise either.
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Grumpy View Post
                      I can't decide whether to accept the job if Tom wants me to re-install the doggy door in the woman's new house.
                      Life is too short to willingly allow toxic SCs into your life. Just my two cents.
                      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I'm hoping he made her leave the house via the doggy door.
                        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Grumpy View Post
                          It seems that the guy had a bullet-proof pre-nup. Guess how he made his large, impressive pile of money?

He's a divorce lawyer.
                          At one of my best friend's wedding, while I was giving a toast to her and her new groom, at one point I turned to him and said, "And remember, Jamie, don't screw this up....she's a lawyer."

She about shot me.

(They're still together, they have two lovely children, and she was never a divorce lawyer anyways. Though she did work for the Department of Justice and have her own gun, so she was dangerous enough anyway.)

Quoth Grumpy View Post
                          I can't decide whether to accept the job if Tom wants me to re-install the doggy door in the woman's new house. On the one hand I don't want to deal with the miserable cow, but on the other hand I'd love to see if all this has taken any of the wind out of her sails.
                          Oh, if you get called for that job, you just have to go. How could you not?

Yes, I'm evil. What's your point?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

(They're still together, they have two lovely children, and she was never a divorce lawyer anyways. Though she did work for the Department of Justice and have her own gun, so she was dangerous enough anyway.)
                            Is her name Ziva?
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

No, her name is not Ziva, nor was she ever Israeli intelligence, nor was she ever a law enforcement field agent. Just a badass lawyer for the DoJ and, for a while, the Manhattan District Attorney. And when I say badass, I don't mean physical badass like Ms. David, but legal badass, in the sense that, while she was in law school, she worked in some capacity for the DoJ, and when she graduated law school, the DoJ, which had a policy of not hiring lawyers fresh out of law school, offered her a job fresh out of law school. They basically ignored their own policy to get her to work for them.

Yeah. Badass.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                              Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                              X