This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rx for IQ pills needed

In our state, since January 2012, strict new rules are in place for prescriptions for controlled substances such as narcotics and habit-forming tranquilizers, amphetamines for ADD, etc. The prescription cannot be called in or sent electronically, it has to be on special paper with special watermarks, signed in ink. The prescriptions print 4 to a page, if less than 4 prescriptions are written, the unused areas say "VOID- this quadrant does not contain a prescription". I had a patient this weekend who could not grasp that having the word "VOID" in 3 places didn't invalidate the quadrant that was printed with his prescription. I pointed out that he could just cut the void quadrants from the paper and have one prescription. Simple, right? Oh no. He was agitated. He didn't think the pharmacy would accept it. I told him we do this all the time, they will take it either cut or uncut so long as it is printed and signed correctly. Oh, no. He demanded a new prescription that didn't need to be cut and didn't say "VOID" anywhere. I explained it wasn't possible, the prescription paper has 4 watermarks, one for each quadrant, and the "VOID" is necessary to prevent someone writing their own prescription. Oh, no. He wanted a single prescription with pre-cut edges. I told him to take the one he had to the pharmacy and if they turned him down to have them call us, knowing he would not get turned down. Oh, no. He wanted a single prescription, with pre-cut edges. Lather, rinse, repeat. After awhile it dawned on me he didn't know the meaning of the word "quadrant". After I explained it to him, he left begrudgingly, muttering the whole way. I hate to think how he will cope with the world once he has taken the narcotic...
    Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
    TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Do they make a pill for willful ignorance or unwillingness to accept the truth?
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Eeecchh.... and I thought the brainlessness was bad when the methheads forced us to lock up the OTC allergy meds..... the fact they had to come to the pharmacy counter now and jump through a couple of easy, but admittedly, annoying hoops, was a real crowd-pleaser!*

* no it wasn't.

I kinda miss pharmacy

And then I realize that the patients ain't gettin' any smarter.
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        Do they make a pill for willful ignorance or unwillingness to accept the truth?
        As Ron White says, "You can't fix stupid! There's not a pill you can take, there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is FOREVER!"
        Goofy music!
        Old tech junk!

Comment

I always loved those .....wits that could never believe the person who does this for a living, day after day.

Sadly, the law also limits the size of clue by four we're allowed to 'educate' these induhviduals with.

Comment

Working...
          X