X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do they think I am?

Dumb or something?

I hate it when customers have coupons. Most of the time I just get people arguing about what they should apply to (no, you can't use a clearly labelled FABRIC coupon to buy trim) or fighting to get me to reuse them repeatedly in multiple transactions, which I will not do ever since that one time someone made me do 13 bloody separate transactions with the same coupon and the fact that the computer system tracks how many times a code is used. Very occasionally I'll get people who try to ask me if I can't cancel out the sale price on an item so they can use a coupon for a better deal, which absolutely will not happen because this is a corporation, and I am an expendable peon who has neither the authority or ability to change the system software just so you can save two extra bucks.

Today I dealt with a very Bad Liar, and I was not impressed

BL: And I'd like to use this coupon on that item
    Me: I'm sorry, it won't work since that item is already on sale, but I'll scan it anyway for you to see if it works on something else!
    BL: I know it's on sale, I want you to use the coupon off the original price
    Me: I'm afraid that I can't do that, it's against store policy and the system won't let us
    BL: That's ridiculous! The other store does that for me all the time!

Pull one of the other ones lady, it's got bells on

Me: I'm sorry, but store policy here is that we can't change the price like that
    BL: *angry, but at least she's paying* I can't believe this, you should talk to your manager about this
    Me: Of course ma'am. Have a good one

Maybe I'll tell them when they need a good laugh
    -I feel like I need to take a long shower and contemplate where I went wrong in my life to end up here
    -But what if skeletons?

you should talk to your manager about this
    "Hey, manager, this lady is trying to get extra money off her items by misusing a coupon!"

How's that?
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Aldro View Post
      Very occasionally I'll get people who try to ask me if I can't cancel out the sale price on an item so they can use a coupon for a better deal, which absolutely will not happen because this is a corporation, and I am an expendable peon who has neither the authority or ability to change the system software just so you can save two extra bucks.
      I actually get this all the time. When I tell them the coupon only applies to regular priced items, they try to explain it slower, like I don't understand what they're asking. "No, I mean take 40% off the REGULAR price." Yeah, I get it, but NO, I can't do that. And if the freaking coupon says fabric, don't bring me Velcro, okay?

Oh, and
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
      X