Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is horrible. And now it's one move I have no intention of seeing - ever! I'm sorry about your friend.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
      It was a horrid tragedy, perpetrated by a man who is, clearly, completely insane. The more info released about him, the more detached from reality he seems to be.
      This motherfucker isn't insane. He PLANNED this for months.

Mental illness doesn't typically result in someone rigging their whole goddamn building to blow. This guy had fucking mortars - the same shit you'd see in Iraq - wired to explode, left his door unlocked and had loud music playing to entice people inside, according to the latest reports. That's the kind of thing terrorists who want to take out first responders (in addition to innocent bystanders) do. Add in the body armor and the extensive weaponry and ammunition. I wager we'll be seeing some VERY interesting - and unsurprising - details come out in good time.

To do all this requires a certain coldbloodedness and calculation. Insanity has nothing to do with it - this is a terrorist who intended to commit mass slaughter and did so.
      ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

I don't think those features are incompatible with mental disease, for example psychopathy.

This is a topic which has been discussed here in Europe for the past year due to an outwardly similar incident in Norway - the resulting trial centring on whether or not the perpetrator is insane, and therefore what *kind* of custody he should be sent to.

Probably any further discussion along these lines should be taken to Fratching.

Comment

Kudos to the Denver Post for devoting the time to pay tribute to the victims:

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_21...ater-were-full

Comment

A family friend's nephew had tickets beforehand and for some reason decided not to go. I rarely go to the theater, but was thinking of going this week, but now I'm spooked. Well, I guess it's no more dangerous than anywhere else I go.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I have tickets for Wednesday evening. I absolutely refuse to allow the actions of one madman dictate my paranoia.

Comment

Working...
              X