This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lenovo CEO is full of win!

Lenovo CEO gives his $3 million bonus to his low-level employees.

I think the CEO is full of win. He basically distributed his bonus out to around 10,000 low-level employees in China.

While the amount is pitiful in the US (around $314), that works out to around a month's salary for the employees.
    Last edited by fireheart; 07-21-2012, 06:48 AM.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

I wish CEO's would do that for their workers over here.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
      I wish CEO's would do that for their workers over here.
      You and I both. If I were a CEO I would share the wealth with lower level employees like this one did. There was an article on how the CEO of a Japanese airline went through cutbacks like taking the bus, doing away with his bonus so he didn't have to lay off employees. He would even eat in the dining hall with his employees and had an open office on the same floor as his employees.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Actually some US CEOS *have* done that.

IIRC the founder of Chick-Fil-A once gave up his salary - not a bonus but the actual salary itself - for a year in order to ensure the employees could be paid.

As for Japan I'm not entirely surprised. Another tradition in Japan is going out for karaoke with the boss. Part of the tradition is that the boss is suppose to be the worst singer, as part of the fun.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          As for Japan I'm not entirely surprised. Another tradition in Japan is going out for karaoke with the boss. Part of the tradition is that the boss is suppose to be the worst singer, as part of the fun.
          that's awesome
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
            You and I both. If I were a CEO I would share the wealth with lower level employees like this one did. There was an article on how the CEO of a Japanese airline went through cutbacks like taking the bus, doing away with his bonus so he didn't have to lay off employees. He would even eat in the dining hall with his employees and had an open office on the same floor as his employees.
            The Japanese have a very different work culture than the U.S. The actions of that CEO don't surprise me a bit. We could learn a lot from them.
            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
              While the amount is pitiful in the US (around $314), that works out to around a month's salary for the employees.
              I'd love an extra $314 in one paycheck.
              Quote Dalesys:
              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar

I'd love an extra $314 in one paycheck.
                Damn right.
                Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

actually, a true equivalent would vbe more, remember, the $314 is a month's salary. so, in essence, the true equivalent would be getting an extra paycheck.

good on the CEO, though.

Comment

Working...
                  X