X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An excellent example of parking karma

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2012/0...watchdogs.html

It's been a while since a story in the paper has legitimately made me feel good.

A healthy, upright man in his mid-30s walked out of McDonald’s. Smith’s mother explained the situation and asked him to move his car so that her son could go eat.

“He looks straight at her and he says, ‘I will when I’m done,’” Smith, now 26, said Thursday. Further pleas were of no avail, and the Z28 driver walked back to his meal.

So Smith’s mother extended her son’s platform and lowered it, tearing an ugly scrape into that beautiful gold surface.

The man was infuriated, Smith said. When the police arrived, he demanded they hold his mother liable for the damage. Instead, the police cited the man for illegally occupying a parking space reserved for disabled people.
    Hahaha pwned! That's just excellent!
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

While you can't always determine a person's disability by whether they can walk (or how well they can walk), this is a pretty clear demonstration of some jerk who just decided he was far too important to haul his butt a few feet further to get into the restaurant. Good for mom and good for the cops, and I hope he has fun explaining this to his insurance company.

Comment

Some of us who have the placard can walk fine sometimes and other times cannot. I have a partially paralyzed leg that sometimes does not work, and my husband is also handicapped. We both have placards, but people have approached us with stating that since we are obviously not disabled, we should turn our license plate in (we actually have disabled license plates) The problem with approaching someone like that is not all handicaps are readily visible; some don't look handicapped until you get close. On my good days, I do tend to park in other spots, but sometimes have fallen as my leg gets tired.
        Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

I'm the same way - on a good day, I'm bouncing off the walls and dancing in the isles and that's when I park wherever.

On a bad day, when I can barely get out of bed and have to call into at least one job, I *need* the permit because it gives me the extra walk time to get the week's worth of food at one shot and can stay in for the rest of time I need.

Outwardly, I look like a healthy, slim middle aged guy. Inwardly, some days I feel 90+.

B
          "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
          I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

From what I read in the article, they were only posting it on cars that were in the spaces without any placard at all. And this is going to Fratching rather quickly, and I'd rather not see one of my threads get closed.

Comment

Working...
            X