This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And so it begins...

My mom announced to my dad tonight that she's leaving him. I came home to him sleeping in his chair.

It's been a long time coming. She told him a couple of years ago that she wanted a divorce, and he talked her out of it. She cheated on him with a coworker, and he found out eventually (long story behind that...I actually found out first accidentally). They went through marital counseling, and it seemed to work for a while. For the past year or so, however, things have just been getting increasingly worse. My dad doesn't do anything to help my mom around the house. He complains about the dumbest things (for example, he won't give dinner suggestions, but then he'll complain when we choose something and he doesn't want it). He's very short-temepered and gets pissed at the smallest things. He's emotionally distant, only really has one friend, and just sits around the house doing nothing. I also feel like he sees me as just a monetary drain sometimes. I was finally offered a full-time job last week after having my Bachelor's for 2 years, and one of the first things he said about it was that he couldn't wait for me to start so that he could start charging me rent.

I'm not sure what's going to happen now. Obviously my mom is moving out, and I think I might go with her for the time being (until I'm financially stable enough to get my own place). I do love my dad, don't get me wrong. He can be a really great guy, and he prefers chick flicks more than my mom does, and I do enjoy watching them with him. But that's almost all we do when we're together. Sit and watch TV. It's frustrating. And then he gets frustrated when my mom and I go out with friends and leave him alone.

Guess it's time to start packing...

I'm sorry to hear that. It isn't something easy to go through at any age.
    I'd tell you where to go, but I work there and I don't want to see you everyday.

My photo blog.

Comment

Oh man, so sorry to hear that...Been there, done that, got the t-shirt

My folks divorced when I was in my 20's (was just outta HS actually) same thing, my mom cheated on my dad with my now step-dad who she met online. She moved with him to Alabama first & then later on to Ga (step-dad works for Timco, he moved around alot at the time until they settled here in Ga). I lived w/ my dad for almost 10 yrs in TX before I finally had enough & moved to Ga, my dad was the same deal like with your dad, short tempered & I just couldn't deal with it anymore, always been closer w/ mom than w/ dad so yeah...

Anyhow, just wanted you to know I'm here for ya anytime you feel the need to vent or whatever, day or night, just shoot me a PM, I'm always around ok?

((HUGS))

Kris
      "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

(((Hugs))) Watching your parents go through a divorce is difficult, no matter what age you are.
        At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Working...
        X