This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Nasty" Customer

Yesterday, one of my coworkers at the desk had me call a customer since the customer was nasty to her and didn't want to deal with her. My coworker dialed the number, let the customer know that I was going to help her and passed the phone to me. The customer wanted confirmation on a price for a product which I went to check. I asked the customer if she bought a certain brand since that brand was the price mentioned on the receipt which I believe she said she did. The customer didn't seem that nasty. Why is it that some customers are rude to some employees and polite to others?
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

I think it's more or less some strange psychology that is going on. Like if people are polite to others and nasty to some, then if the ones that are taking the abuse complain, then the NC thinks they'll have an allie in the ones they were polite to. I'm not much in the way of retail experience but I do know a bit about the messed up world of the human psyce.
    Register is no place for a pirate...
    Currently land locked.

Comment

Maybe she thought(if she thinks at all), by being transfered she was talking to someone with a higher authority, so she feels good confident about things getting done???
      KAHN: I thought being smart person in Texas set her apart.

KAHN: If my girl doesn't wrestle, I'll show you who put the sue in Souphanousinphone!

Comment

Quoth purplecat41877
        Yesterday, one of my coworkers at the desk had me call a customer since the customer was nasty to her and didn't want to deal with her. My coworker dialed the number, let the customer know that I was going to help her and passed the phone to me. The customer wanted confirmation on a price for a product which I went to check. I asked the customer if she bought a certain brand since that brand was the price mentioned on the receipt which I believe she said she did. The customer didn't seem that nasty. Why is it that some customers are rude to some employees and polite to others?
        That kind of garbage used to happen to me all the time during my city days. Customers would call ranting and raving to the ladies at the front desk. When the call was transferred to me (or I returned the call later on), most of the people were sweethearts.

A couple of theories I came up with were:

- They got the a-hole out of their system so by the time I got the call, they were calm and rational.

- My job was more speciailized. The front desk folks have to know general info about a lot of things, but not specific information about a handful of things.

I'm sure there are a few more things...

Comment

She'd might have taken a deep breath before she got handed off to you. I also find that there's some people that just rub some of my coworkers wrong even though I get along with them fine, and vice-versa.

Comment

maybe the tone of your voice? i have a power over kids... have no explaination. but a lot of times, kids listen to me better than their own parents. when i worked at kmart, there were NEVER crying screaming kids in my line. i'd just look at them when they got in line and they stfu. and im, not a mean lady... i swear

Comment

Quoth ladodger34
              - My job was more speciailized. The front desk folks have to know general info about a lot of things, but not specific information about a handful of things.

So they knew nothing about everything and you knew everything about nothing? *Ducks*

Comment

Quoth ladodger34
                The front desk folks have to know general info about a lot of things, but not specific information about a handful of things.

Jack of all trades, master of none?
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine
                  Jack of all trades, master of none?
                  Or master of making huge freaking typos!

Comment

Working...
                  X