This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh
    That just so happens to be my opinion on the lottery.
    well I posted it mainly because she said it ABOUT my co-worker infront of my co-worker

definately SC territory to call someone stupid or idiotic infront of them

my coworker never let on if she had heard, but it was a nasty thing to do all the same
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth KayEm
      Quite frankly I think the lottery should be outlawed. It's double taxation, that's all the lottery is.
      At least it's a voluntary tax, and (for most people) a relatively cheap form of entertainment.

Personally, I think the State of Texas should be forced to apply lottery revenues to the very thing that got the voters to approve it--Education. As it is now, the revenues go into the General Fund, which then distributes a tiny portion to the education system.

I take the $$ I would spend on lottery tickets and buy school supplies that I then take and use in my classroom. This way all of it does go to education!

Back on topic, could a report be printed daily and then taped somewhere that the SCs can see it but not touch or deface it, like inside a glass window?

Edit: Oops, next time I'll read all the way thru before I respond.
      Last edited by Primer; 07-23-2006, 12:38 AM.
      Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Crafty1289
        Anyway, theres this one guy who used to come in every draw day with THIRTY full playslips - that is, 210 plays on Lotto. There's always a problem with his slips. The way our lottery machines work is you can feed the playslips in faster than the printer prints the tickets (the printer stores the backups that have been read and processed) - but it occasionally happens that the playslip reader misses one when you feed them in too fast for the reader to read them. Personally, I wait for the beep to say it has read the playslip and it is safe to insert another, but some staff are impatient and end up with £203 as the total, so they have to start matching tickets with playslips and sometimes it can take up to 20 minutes to serve this guy.
        TWO HUNDRED AND TEN POUNDS A DAY?????? Holy cow! Thats so much money.

Comment

Tutorgal, Crafty is in the UK. We have draws on Wednesdays and Saturdays, so at most, the guy was "only" coming in twice a week. I really don't know why people like that don't just play online. Its much simpler.
          A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
          - Dave Barry

Comment

Quoth Barefootgirl
            Tutorgal, Crafty is in the UK. We have draws on Wednesdays and Saturdays, so at most, the guy was "only" coming in twice a week. I really don't know why people like that don't just play online. Its much simpler.
            Yes, and that works out to 420 pounds a week. Which is SO MUCH MONEY, whether or not youre thinking of it in pounds or in dollars.

Well, even worse in dollars. The dollar keeps dropping against the pound. Killed the educational loan I took out to study in the UK this past year.

Comment

Working...
            X