This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth mjr View Post
    Potrzebie is actually a Polish word, though.
    By 'random', I was referring to its usage in the magazine. Veeblefetzer and Furshlugginer (among others) were occasionally used in the dialog, but Potrzebie was just worked in at random places, usually in the background in those early issues.

Comment

Quoth CyberLurch View Post
      By 'random', I was referring to its usage in the magazine. Veeblefetzer and Furshlugginer (among others) were occasionally used in the dialog, but Potrzebie was just worked in at random places, usually in the background in those early issues.
      Oh, sure! Absolutely!

I don't remember if it was in the magazine, or a photo somewhere...but I think I recall seeing a car one time with a license plate that read PTRZBIE or something like that.
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

I like Schenectady. My dad went there for work training when I was young, and I learned how to spell it while he was there... i was three, I think. Conglomerate is another fun one. And gneiss. It's nice!!

Comment

Quoth Sunshine View Post
          And gneiss. It's nice!!
          Until some schist-head takes it for granite.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Sunshine View Post
            I like Schenectady. My dad went there for work training when I was young, and I learned how to spell it while he was there... i was three, I think. Conglomerate is another fun one. And gneiss. It's nice!!
            There's a town down near the Austin, Texas area called Pflugerville.
            Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              Until some schist-head takes it for granite.
              Chalk up two for the wolframite.
              Last edited by dalesys; 08-04-2016, 09:51 PM.
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I've been to pflugerville... it's ok. It's fun to say too.

Comment

Working...
                X