Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Off Topic

Old 11-14-2018, 03:37 PM
Area Manager

The Motion Picture Association of America originally gave the 1987 movie RoboCop an X rating, due to its graphic violence. To get it to an R rating, some scenes had to be shortened or cut.

Old 11-14-2018, 07:34 PM
Chairman of the Board

The movie The Birds was mentioned in the Random Thoughts thread.

When filming the birds they trained a bunch birds to chase people by having the people run, then stop and hold out their hands with bird seed. The rest of the birds followed the trained birds. This worked very well in the movie.

Afterwards they just released the birds into the wild. There were some interesting encounters with birds and local residents in the local area over the next few weeks as the birds tried to get bird seed from people who were running away from them.

Old 11-15-2018, 11:25 AM
Et tu, Pixie?

On the South Park movie -- Supposedly, the initial rating from the MPAA would have been an X rating due to scenes that had been intentionally added just to see how the MPAA would react. When asked to remove/clean up parts of the film, the SP guys supposedly put stuff in that they thought was MORE controversial/nasty/etc than the original material, just to see what happened. The new version got approved for an R-rated release.
"I don’t know what English did to you or your family, but I cannot in good conscience sit here and watch you do this to it. You sir, are a monster." ~ Gravekeeper

"Don't weep for the stupid; you'll be crying all day!" - Fr. Anderson, Hellsing Ultimate: Abridged
"I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain it to you any further." – anon

Old 11-17-2018, 07:43 AM
Store Manager

Quote:
Quoth EricKei View Post
- Once they had re-acquired the rights, Toho dubbed the 1998 GZA as "'Zilla" (because, as one person at Toho claimed, "They took the 'God' out of 'Godzilla'") intentionally canonized the film for one reason, and one reason only: So they could kill it off mercilessly during a ten-second cameo in a real GZ film a few years later.
... and that movie was 2004's "Godzilla: Final Wars", which was the last movie until the US reboot in 2014, and the Toho reboot in 2016.

"Godzilla: Final Wars" was the acting debut of MMA fighter Don "The Predator" Frye, best known for a legendary brawl with wrestler Yoshihiro Takayama (seriously, great fight, look it up if you are so inclined)

"Godzilla: Final Wars" also featured Japanese/American actor/martial artist/athlete Kane Kosugi, son of Japanese actor Sho Kosugi, the martial artist who popularized the ninja craze in the 80's. Kane's first movie was in Sho's 1983 cult classic "Revenge of the Ninja". Kane also is the most successful American to compete in the "Sasuke" TV series, also known as the Ninja Warrior competition. He's the only American to make it to the final stage, the first to beat the Spider Climb, and the only one to compete five times without failing on the first stage.
Savage '52-'11 • Misawa '62-'09 • Naniwa '77-'10 • Ox Baker '34-'14 • Rhodes '45-'15 • Piper '54-'15 • Bockwinkel '34-'15 • Hayabusa '68-'16 • Chyna '70-'16 • Mr. Fuji '34-'16 • Animal '37-'17 • Uncle Ivan '42-'17 • Heenan '44-'17

Old 11-17-2018, 04:36 PM
Et tu, Pixie?

^ Ya see, this is why I love threads like this. We get a chance to build off of one another (and coughoccasionallyfixmistakescough)
"I don’t know what English did to you or your family, but I cannot in good conscience sit here and watch you do this to it. You sir, are a monster." ~ Gravekeeper

"Don't weep for the stupid; you'll be crying all day!" - Fr. Anderson, Hellsing Ultimate: Abridged
"I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain it to you any further." – anon

Old 11-18-2018, 05:54 AM
Store Manager

^ mistake? Did I err?

Savage '52-'11 • Misawa '62-'09 • Naniwa '77-'10 • Ox Baker '34-'14 • Rhodes '45-'15 • Piper '54-'15 • Bockwinkel '34-'15 • Hayabusa '68-'16 • Chyna '70-'16 • Mr. Fuji '34-'16 • Animal '37-'17 • Uncle Ivan '42-'17 • Heenan '44-'17

Old 11-18-2018, 07:43 PM
Chairman of the Board

Quote:
Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
^ mistake? Did I err?

Where did that mendicant come from?

PS: I have all of the Groo comics, starting with the original Pacific Comics run.

Last edited by Ironclad Alibi; 11-18-2018 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Added PS

Old 11-19-2018, 02:41 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Quoth EricKei View Post
On the South Park movie -- Supposedly, the initial rating from the MPAA would have been an X rating due to scenes that had been intentionally added just to see how the MPAA would react.
That's exactly why they did it. They were trying to prove the point about how screwed up censorship priorities really are. You can have all sorts of violence, gore, and other "taboo" but heaven forbid someone uses profanity or a nipple gets seen.

Old 11-19-2018, 03:36 AM
Et tu, Pixie?

EPG - I was referring to my own

Old 11-19-2018, 05:41 AM
Assistant Manager

Quote:
Quoth protege View Post
That's exactly why they did it. They were trying to prove the point about how screwed up censorship priorities really are. You can have all sorts of violence, gore, and other "taboo" but heaven forbid someone uses profanity or a nipple gets seen.
I believe they did a similar thing with Team America. They submitted the full puppet sex scene (which included the two of them engaging in certain acts involving urine and faeces) originally to the MPAA, who demanded THAT scene be cut while everything else was allowed through more or less. Thing is though, that was intentional - they had no intention of showing the full puppet sex scene in theatres.