This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you know about service animals, please direct me

My neighbor supposedly has a service dog and while they are well-trained, I understand at home they may bark or whatever on occasion. Hers certainly does and today it's been doing it intermittently for a couple of hours now. I know the owners can be reported for the dogs misbehaving in public, but I don't know if there is anyone I could alert in this situation. When she was outside with it earlier, by the way, she had to chase it down. I didn't see but I assume no leash. Service or not, dogs should be on leashes. I assume when the dog is home it's considered not on duty. Should I just complain to the management company? She wouldn't even be allowed to have a dog unless it were a service animal or if she said it was.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Might be best to call the police, it may be trying to alert people that the owner is in trouble.

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
      Might be best to call the police, it may be trying to alert people that the owner is in trouble.
      This. One of the jobs of a service dog is to get help if the owner collapses.
      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

The last time it happened I knew full-well she had not collapsed because she had a friend over and they were both running around outside chasing and yelling at the dog. But maybe I should try this anyway. It would cause there to be a warning to her that if the dog isn't alerting anyone and is just badly trained she needs to do something about it. And if she really does need help, problem solved. This is a good idea, guys.

Comment

If it is a service animal, it would be trained. If it is an emotional support animal, it does not require training. Either way, the dog is required to behave.
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I don't believe emotional support animals are allowed here. Management is fighting another tenant on that one.

Comment

I'm with CSquared.. If it was a true service dog,then it would've have gone through a pretty intense training course, and I believe it also would've have gotten screened before and after to make sure they are behaved and able to handle being a service dog. This sounds like a 'emotional support' animal, that generally doesn't have the same training. if any at all.
              Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Working...
              X