Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've got more patience than me, I'd have told him I have no idea what he's talking about, I don't recall any car on the lawn, that's just SILLY to park there! :P
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth kmariem View Post
      Where I grew up, there was a church at the end of the street. The parking lot wasn't big enough, so they'd have to park down our street. Now, that is (obviously) not a problem. However, they would, often, block our driveway. My father ripped into those people, telling them to pass it among the parishioners that if anyone ever did that again, he'd have them towed. The worst thing was when someone decided to park on our front lawn. My dad, a bit of a hot head, went ballistic. How you could tell? He got quiet. When he gets quiet, you just wait for the storm to blow over. After that, Dad had a talk with the church's pastor. Told him: That's enough. Next person to park on my lawn, or block in my daughter's car when she needs to leave for work, WILL get towed. Immediately. The pastor not only got the message, he passed the message along to his congregation, adding it to his sermon. Never had another problem
      I could write an entire sermon series on not being a dick (series meaning 3 or more hour long sermons).

What does the Bible say on being a dick? DON'T BE A DICK . "Do onto others as you would have done to you". Then just repeat that, let people ask me questions, "answering dont be a dick".

I like your father.
      I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
        Who parks on the lawn?
        When the Arizona State Fair is running, many homeowners in the neighborhoods surrounding the fairgrounds allow people to park on their lawns for a small fee. But in this case, they're giving permission and being compensated for it, it's not some random jerk deciding he wants to mess up someone's grass.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          When the Arizona State Fair is running, many homeowners in the neighborhoods surrounding the fairgrounds allow people to park on their lawns for a small fee. But in this case, they're giving permission and being compensated for it, it's not some random jerk deciding he wants to mess up someone's grass.
          Experienced the same thing 20 odd years ago up in Martinsville VA when I went w/then BF and my brother to a NASCAR race.

Parking at the race track was slammed full, so he paid like 5 dollars or so to park in someone's lawn just a short walk from the gate.

And later, as we were waiting to leave, there was a group of folks who had set up a grill and were tailgaiting (the lines of traffic were horrendous and we waited a good 2 plus hours to leave) so we tailgaited with them while we waited for traffic to clear up enough to leave for home.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
            They do this kind of thing in a lot of places. I think I've seen it in Miami for a Dolphins game. I have not, however, seen it near Marlins Park.

I KNOW they were doing it in Canton, Ohio, for the Football Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and also for the Hall of Fame Game. Been there three times, twice for Induction Week, and it's a way some of the locals make a few extra bucks. And those that do seem perfectly happy doing it. But as has been pointed out, that is a far dry from some random schmuck just deciding to park on your lawn.

If I had a lawn, and some jackhole just decided to park their ride on it, it wouldn't be five seconds from the time I saw it until the time I had phone in hand to call in the two truck. No mercy. Fuck those assmunches.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              They do this kind of thing in a lot of places. I think I've seen it in Miami for a Dolphins game. I have not, however, seen it near Marlins Park.
              There's a couple of places on South Main and West Stadium near the Big House that have driveway-type ramps leading up to their lawns, complete with gates.
              "I often look at every second idiot and think, 'He needs more power.'" --Varric Tethras, Dragon Age II

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                I have not, however, seen it near Marlins Park.
                How can this be? Do they have, like, a bagillion parking garages to house the vehicles of the MASSIVE amounts of fans they draw in for every home game?

Comment

Four at my last count. $15 a pop. Not sure if they even make enough to pay the staff of those places. Hell, not even sure if they even have staff at those places, as every time I've been, someone else was driving, and my live was fairly well lubricated.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

My parents have a rental without a driveway. You would think that the fenced front yard would be a clue that you should park *on the street in front of the house*. You know...that place with the gravel that is about a car width off the road? One idiot renter decided it would be so much easier to *take down the fence, dig up a tree and park on the lawn*. At least the damage deposit covered the new fence.

Comment

Working...
                    X