X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein I'm incompassionate

Yep, so said this gentleman.

"I'm not impressed with how rude you're being, and, I just had a death in the family, so maybe you could show a little compassion?"

Huh, "rude" and "compassionate" , well, funny thing about them is, they're two way streets, I only give back what I get.

See, here you are, parked on the LAWN of this house.... you don't OWN that house do you?

Ah, rental property, I see, I kinda knew that because you don't have a PERMIT to be here, and drove past TWO "permit parking only" signs to get INTO this lot, then, pulled OFF the pavement and left it in the grass. You don't have a permit for here that I just missed seeing, do you?

No? Didn't think so

Oh, and you got towed last week, for doing this exact SAME THING!!! Parking ON THE LAWN.

So, you don't have permission to be on this property, you ignore the no trespassing signs, and, despite knowing it's against the rules, because you were towed for such, despite knowing EXACTLY what will happen to you if you choose to ignore them, you do it anyway, and then say I am the one with a rudeness problem?

There's only ONE of us here, Sir, who's arbitrarily deciding what rules they feel like following, and what ones they don't, based entirely upon their own selfish criteria of how easy it will make their life. That, to me, sounds pretty RUDE and lacking in COMPASSION, don't you think?

I got a moment of silence and a head-shake in return, the closest I'll ever get to an apology/admission of guilt on his part, so I'll take it.

He then asked exactly WHERE he is supposed to park if all he wants to do is load/unload his car

I suggested the STREET out FRONT, because Occam's Razor says that the simplest answer that fits the available criteria is usually the best.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Who parks on the lawn? I sometimes park in a 'grassed' lot, that we own, next to our house. BUT it is not a lawn, just a lot. A lawn is meant to be kept nice and not torn up by tires.

If I was the property owner, I might be tempted to sue for damages.
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Somehow I have been driving 20 years and never been towed, other than for car breakdowns. How is it that I learned to read signs and pay meters and parking attendants so easily? Am I a genus? I barely got my driving license by one point but I seem to be able to park just fine. These people really must love giving the towing company their money.

Comment

He sounds like a right royal jerk. Who the heck parks on someone else's lawn like that? The tyres are just going to end up tearing it up! And he calls YOU incompassionate? LOL okay then

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
          Oh, and you got towed last week, for doing this exact SAME THING!!! Parking ON THE LAWN.
          As the sausage machine said to the dickhead:

"Wanna go for the best 3 out of 5 fails?" ... Stick it in again."
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
            Who parks on the lawn?
            Um, you'd be surprised.

When I was a teenager, at one point we had three cars. One was in the driveway, one was on the side of the street. Guess where that left the 3rd one...
            Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
              Um, you'd be surprised.

When I was a teenager, at one point we had three cars. One was in the driveway, one was on the side of the street. Guess where that left the 3rd one...
              It's one thing for the owner/family of the residence to chose to use the lawn as a parking lot.

Another thing entirely for some random person to decide that grassy patch over there is the perfect place to park their automobile.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                Um, you'd be surprised.

Even if you're the property owner, in many parts of the country it is illegal to park on your lawn. Drives down property values in the neighborhood.

This guy was a total dick to be parking on someone else's lawn without permission. I agree with whoever mentioned they would sue for damages, because you know the tires plus the tow tore up the lawn.

What an ass.
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                  You too, yes my folks got to use the driveway so that I wouldn't block them.
                  Yes, parking on someone else's lawn without their permission is a major dick move.
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I can almost see the insane troll logic in using the lawn... "I'm not taking a valid parking spot by doing this, so, nobody should care, unless they're a meanie"

But, as said before, many places make it illegal to park on grass because, well, it DOES wreck things, lower property value, etc....

In fact, just this morning, there was a person parked in a vacant lot (that we don't do) right off an alleyway, just pulled into the "yard" as it were, onto the grass and thought "heck with it, nobody should care" well, the Borough parking officers were writing him up as I drove past.....
                    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
                      Even if you're the property owner, in many parts of the country it is illegal to park on your lawn. Drives down property values in the neighborhood.
                      Yep, my borough frowns on it...and will cite you if someone complains. But, nobody complains if you rip out part of your yard and pave it over. Just the thing if your driveway slopes downward or you have too many cars

But, there are some areas, where you have to park on the grass. I know of some places in Cape May, that use their front yards as parking. There are at least a dozen houses across from the beach that choose to do that. From what I understand, they actually had to get a variance and pay for it. I don't blame them, since parking in that part of town not only sucks...but it's expensive.
                      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

When I lived in Minot ND, it was common to park on the grass . . . in the winter.

You had to . . . the city would bury your car if you street parked it after a big snow, which was pretty much every other day!
                        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Yeah my smallish upper mid-western town will not let you park on the lawn with ONE exception.

During Home football games the houses that are within say 3/4 of a mile of the stadium are allowed (??? maybe) to park their front lawns FULL of cars as parking is at very high premimum at the stadium.
                          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                            Yes, parking on someone else's lawn without their permission is a major dick move.
                            Where I grew up, there was a church at the end of the street. The parking lot wasn't big enough, so they'd have to park down our street. Now, that is (obviously) not a problem. However, they would, often, block our driveway. My father ripped into those people, telling them to pass it among the parishioners that if anyone ever did that again, he'd have them towed. The worst thing was when someone decided to park on our front lawn. My dad, a bit of a hot head, went ballistic. How you could tell? He got quiet. When he gets quiet, you just wait for the storm to blow over. After that, Dad had a talk with the church's pastor. Told him: That's enough. Next person to park on my lawn, or block in my daughter's car when she needs to leave for work, WILL get towed. Immediately. The pastor not only got the message, he passed the message along to his congregation, adding it to his sermon. Never had another problem
                            "People can be relied upon to assert, with vigor, their god-given right to be stupid." from Seize the Night by Dean Koontz

Comment

Ha, live near the beach in Virginia Beach or Norfolk and you keep a towing company on speed dial. When I lived on the 8400 block of Atlantic Ave in Virginia Beach I once walked out to get my morning mail at 8 am to find every slot other than the one my car was parked in all the way across the front of my property was filled ... 7 additional cars, and then there were 3 cars parked parallel to the direction of the road blocking all of us in. When I called the towing company they had to parcel out 4 cars to some other company because they didn't have enough trucks. There was some jackass pounding on my door to demand his car around 2 in the after noon. I gave him a flier from the towing company and pointed out that a driveway in front of a house was not free parking. Shut the door on him, waited through another 5 minutes of pounding and called the cops. Sucked to be him.
                              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
                              X