This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrrgh Real Customers!

I work in a chain of stores that Sam built up before he died in the 90s. There is a reason that the store has fallen into bad repute from stupid decisions on many managers part but! this is about customers so here it goes.

Please don't throw a hissy fit when a fricking uber popular movie (I am looking at you Frozen) is out. Yes I know you want it badly, so do your kids, but so does everyone else's kids. That's why it is sold out. No I do not know when we are getting more in. NO I do not have any hidden away in some secret compartment in the mystical backroom that must be bigger than the building it is housed in.

I work in electronics, sadly that means I have no idea where every item that is located elsewhere in the store is. I give general directions but I don't buy things from arts and crafts so I don't know what all they have versus other stores.

When I tell you that we are sold out of certain items and and you go ask my co-workers the same thing and they come up to me asking if we are out, don't be so surprised, I honestly do know what I am talking about, hence the co-workers asking me.

NO I am not racist, I caught you stealing but rather than making a big deal of it, I asked you to come to the register to pay for it. You make a show of paying for it and then suddenly ask for a manager, claiming to them the second they come up that I am a racist meanie trying to make them feel bad ain't gonna help you much.

Ok rants over for now.
    I love my customers to death, the problem is they aren't dying quick enough.

Love the title. You know, The Snorch would be handy to have around some days...
    Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth tenzilkem View Post
      Please don't throw a hissy fit when a fricking uber popular movie (I am looking at you Frozen) is out. Yes I know you want it badly, so do your kids, but so does everyone else's kids. That's why it is sold out. No I do not know when we are getting more in. NO I do not have any hidden away in some secret compartment in the mystical backroom that must be bigger than the building it is housed in.

When I tell you that we are sold out of certain items and and you go ask my co-workers the same thing and they come up to me asking if we are out, don't be so surprised, I honestly do know what I am talking about, hence the co-workers asking me.
      I know exactly what you mean. Popular stuff brings out the crazy even more than usual. The other day I had to tell someone they couldn't order certain NFL fabric. Cue tantrum. I told them to take it up with the NFL, as they are the one's who produce their LICENSED product, not our company.

I can't stand the ones who ask every single employee in the store the same question, hoping for a different answer. Oh, you swear you bought it here before, but not one of us even knows what the item is? And in the end they stomp off saying, "well *competitor* carries it!" Lovely, go torment them.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth tenzilkem View Post
        This happened to me all the time. I don't think I ever really decided whether I enjoyed the experience or not. It was annoying to have the customer insult my intelligence by asking someone else the same question, but the looks on their faces when co-workers brought them back to me for the answer were highly amusing.
        I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
        - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
        - IPF

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
          Lovely, go torment them.
          I wish I could actually say this to people.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Maybe they should make a movie called How To Train Your Customers., complete with scenes such as "No, you may not scam the service desk," and "under no circumstances are you to get angry with the hourly employees when something is out of stock. Take it up with the other shoppers or the mismanager who can't be bothered to order enough inventory . . ."
            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
            X