This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super-Stupendous Epic Whatever Sale

I got the flyer the other day. Irv, I expect some stories soon!
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

We had people get the ad on Saturday and ask for the sale prices then already. *rubs temples*
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Do I dare ask where you got your new av image Irv?
      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Oh, I've seen the uncensored version of Irv's Avatar before- it's one of the infamous Scam The Nigerian Scammer pics... XD
        Is it Asshole Day or what? - MoonCat
        It's ALWAYS Asshole Day. - Jay2KWinger

Comment

Oh gosh now I see it. At a glance it looks like a robot.

Yeah...scam the scammer. Those idiots will do ANYTHING for money...

You zoom in on that pic and you're like, oh...OH!
          My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            We had people get the ad on Saturday and ask for the sale prices then already.
            Why isn't that a surprise?
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
              Why isn't that a surprise?
              Sounds like status quo to me.

Frankly, I would think that it would be a major news story if Irv had not had anyone with an IQ higher than a rock.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Well, today turned out not to be as chaotic as I thought it would be. It was worse.

First, the ad. My wonderful manager scheduled only three people to put up signs, but had them start at 4 this morning. He figured it would take them three or four hours to get all the signs up. Problem; in addition to the Lowest Prices of the Season sign we had all the October monthlies and some others, so lots of backtracking and double-signing. Instead of taking three people three or four hours to set the ad, it took four and sometimes five people five hours.

Then we had a large truck last night and got way behind on that. Hopefully all the freight got filled, but no backstocking will probably get done before the next truck tomorrow. So when I return to work Sunday afternoon, I will have two trucks worth of freight to backstock. That is if that truck gets completely filled.

Then there were the carryouts. First one was a sofa in a large box, to be loaded onto a flatbed trailer. Easy, no? Uh-uh. We're going to shit around trying to put this large heavy plastic bag around the box to protect it from rain. Rain, which I should mention, was not currently falling and did not come until late this afternoon. So it was I and one other person trying to hold up the weight of this thing while the customers tried to pull the bag over the sofa box. For all this effort I got a grunt instead of a thank you.

Then there was the woman with a small dining bench and an SUV to pick it up. Easy, no? Surely you jest. She's traveling and we need to almost completely empty her junk-strewn trunk. And by "we" I mean "I." The woman did give me a thank you, and told me I was very kind, though, so not so bad.

As for further stories--unless I hear any good ones, they will have to wait until the end of next week. I work during the day Saturday, which is the last day of the sale.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

And I'm off tomorrow. I don't know what to do with myself.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                    And I'm off tomorrow. I don't know what to do with myself.
                    Surf some prawn and go all zoo monkey...
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                      Surf some prawn and go all zoo monkey...
                      Seafood and poo flinging? You have weird hobbies.

Comment

Working...
                      X