This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Jousting

This one would have been worthy of fail blog if I'd had my good camera with me....

Last week I was on I-95 during the day when I saw hatchback car about the size of a Prius (it wasn't a Prius, but it was about that size) carrying a bundle of full size uncut lumber.

No roof racks on this particlar vehicle. So....how do you carry full length lumber?

Why naturally you roll down the front passenger window, stick the lumber in as far as it will go, and just leave the rest sticking out WAY to the side way in front of the car, like a lance had been mounted on it.

The portion of the wood sticking out the window encroached noticeably into the next lane. This moron actually forced a Civic onto the shoulder to avoid being lanced.

I had my phone out and was about to call the cops when a state trooper appeared......and passed by without stopping this moron.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Self-correcting problem: Idiot attempts to pass sign or tree...

Look Ma! No brains!
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
      I had my phone out and was about to call the cops when a state trooper appeared......and passed by without stopping this moron.
      I can't _STAND_ this, cops who stop anybody and everybody for piddly crap but ignore the really serious problems...

Comment

I can't believe he didn't stop him!!
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
          Self-correcting problem: Idiot attempts to pass sign or tree...

Look Ma! No brains!
          Or they try to pass a semi. The 3 types of cargo I hate to see are hay, furniture (especially mattresses), and lumber - because they're the bulky items most likely to be hauled by amateurs who've never heard of load securement. Couple weeks ago, I was passed by someone who had a mattress strapped to their roof using bungee cords - and I saw one let loose. The front end of the mattress wound up folded backward due to air resistance.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Shouldn't the thread title be "Car Joisting"?

Or is that a "Shirley, not tonight!" comment?
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post

Or is that a "Shirley, not tonight!" comment?
              Don't call me "Shirley."

Of course it would have served the SC right if he'd impaled a tree.

Talk about a Full Metal Jousting fail right there.
              Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 05-07-2012, 11:35 PM.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
              X