Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Railroad is Too Big for the Floor...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Railroad is Too Big for the Floor...

So, I built a train table for it!

https://www.facebook.com/paul.seifer...459034/?type=3

That's all 1948 - 1958 vintage equipment too, still running all these years later. How many of YOUR childhood toys will say that when they get to sixty?
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Looks like we're members of the same club. My 1954 Marx train still runs. So does my wife's 1940s vintage wind up spring powered Hafner train.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I mean, setting up trains on the floor when you're a kid is fine, but when you get older your back starts yelling at you...

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
        I mean, setting up trains on the floor when you're a kid is fine, but when you get older your back starts yelling at you...
        I haven't heard anything the back has to say because of all the yelling from my knees.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
          ... How many of YOUR childhood toys will say that when they get to sixty?
          Most of my Legos will still be going strong!
          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
            Most of my Legos will still be going strong!
            All of my Legos are still going strong, but I can't call them childhood toys since I started getting them at age 29.

In the meantime, if anyone decides to visit the BrickFair convention this week in Chantilly, VA, look for me at the pyramid in the back.
            Last edited by Ironclad Alibi; 07-30-2019, 01:36 AM. Reason: Added BrickFair link

Comment

When I was young I used to have a train real similar to the one on the top tier. Actuallty as I think about it my mom, might still have the locomotive and the cars in a random box in her basement. As I've gotten older, I've 'upgraded to HO.
              Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Working...
              X