This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our merchandise is not your bathroom

We keep a couple of rubbermaid bins in our one dressing room that contain some of our overflow of books. At some point this weekend someone peed in one of the bins. Everything was ruined. Seriously if you have to go we will let you use our employee bathroom. Why, just why?????

"Because I think I can get away with it"
    "Doing these things gives me a thrill"
    "I get my jollies imagining the face of the guy who has to clean *THIS* up"

The list goes on, of course. There's no lack of WTF in these here pages.

Comment

Urg, gross. People don't care. Why did a customer come to my old work and fill (FILL) the tank with poop and cause us to need a new toilet, and have someone special come in to deal with the waste with a hazmat suit? Who knows, people are horrible.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
        Urg, gross. People don't care.
        No, they don't. Getting so tired of having to clean boogers off the mirrors and walls in the store bathrooms - as if there wasn't enough to deal with in there already.
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

That happened to me. Except my books filled a paper grocery bag and the culprit was my cat.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I can beat that. Once had a desktop computer come in for repair where the owner's cat had sprayed through the tiny vent holes, right onto the MB. New PC time!

Comment

Quoth Dragon_Dreamer View Post
              I can beat that. Once had a desktop computer come in for repair where the owner's cat had sprayed through the tiny vent holes, right onto the MB. New PC time!
              Did the cat think the mouse lived inside the computer?

Comment

The OP story reminds me of this scene from Mary & Max;

(And the mean kid had thrown Mary's sandwich into the trash barrel before whizzing in there ).

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                  Did the cat think the mouse lived inside the computer?
                  Kitty was upset they'd brought home a kitten.

Comment

Kitty was upset they'd brought home a kitten.
                    I know about that. When we had a dog a few years ago we had a friend ask us to babysit his dog for an afternoon. Although they had a fun time together, when the other dog first arrived our dog was not pleased. To express his displeasure he peed in our bed, something that had never happened before, or since. I guess he was marking his territory.

Comment

In my old job (No longer in CS) I once had a customer bring in a laptop in a bin bag asking for it to be repaired under our extended warranty/insurance.

Turns out his g/f had been annoyed at the amount of time he spent on it playing WOW rather than paying attention to her so grabbed it, threw it on the floor, dropped her trousers and pissed on it.

It as still wet and leaking on the service desk...
                      Not y3k compatible

Comment

So, did you? Did the warranty cover bodily fluids? I'm hoping no....!

Comment

Quoth Minflick View Post
                          So, did you? Did the warranty cover bodily fluids? I'm hoping no....!
                          So at the time the retailer I worked for sold it's "cover" under a name which was (imho) potentially misleading, something like "everythings covered" even though deliberate misuse/mistreatment wasn't covered.

I don't really know what happened to the laptop but the warranty wouldn't have covered the machine as the situation would have been class as deliberate. I just wish I could have rewarded his honesty as had he run it under the shower we'd have never known and covered it especially if he'd lied and said something like "I spilt my glass of water, I tried to dry it out but it doesn't work any more".

Luckily for me we only took machines in for warranty as a courtesy (we only did chargeable work in the store pulling parts off the stop floor, warranty jobs we'd book in and call the same number as the customers) so I was able to tell him it wasn't likely to be covered but to give the call centre a bell.

Thankfully the customer was actually not sucky at all, well not as a customer anyway (maybe as a b/f?). Also without wanting to get too graphic, the g/f must have been drinking plenty as there wasn't much of a smell.

Cat pee is far worse, or milk especially as we sometimes would have to wait a few days for pickup - in a nice warm store. However the worst was if the repair centre refused repair, then it could have been weeks before we got them back.
                          Not y3k compatible

Comment

We had this one cat back in the late 90's who, for reasons known only to her, would get mad and would pee on whatever she could.

I lost not one, but TWO Epson Color Stylus printers because of her. I literally had to drain them . . . they had pee standing in them!

And, in another instance (IIRC, it was after the first printer went dead and before the 2nd one) she jumped onto the desk while I had left the office for a quick run to the fridge - came back with a glass of wine and found she had peed on the keyboard of my desktop PC.

I quickly called Mom at work (this was back when she was doing live-in work overnights) and told her what happened. She was home in less than 30 minutes and we made a quick run to Target for a new keyboard.

That cat didn't stay long with us after that. That fall, she had a litter of kittens and just when they were weaned, Mom rushed her to the vet after the cat jumped her back and tried to claw her - cat came home in a box and was laid to rest in the flower bed.

So if anyone hear wonders why I make the comment occasionally about "someone Zoey-ed *insert item here*", that's what I'm referring to (the cat in question was a yellow female we called Zoey.)
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I had one of my mother's cats euthanized after he bit her in the leg and she ended up in he hospital with cellulitis, an ankle-to-knee pressure cuff and IV antibiotics for ~3 days. Aggression is not acceptable in any house pet, let alone a fragile old lady with dementia and tissue paper skin. He'd lived with her for years, and had always been a bit iffy, but that was my final straw. She hadn't provoked him, he was just a cranky asshole of a cat who would probably have made a decent barn cat.

Comment

Working...
                              X