This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh. My. God.

I have 'Are you smarter than a ten year old' on right now, and the woman is the STUPIDEST THING IN THE WORLD.
    She is giggling like it's the funniest thing in the world to not know: That Noah had sons "I thought Noah had the Arc, I didn't know he had sons!", That the russians went to space "Oh yeah, they have russians that go to space don't they!"

SO DUMB.
    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

arrrgh.
    "Is it Shakespeare? He had a beard!"
    "They didn't have Cameras when Shakespeare was around."
    "Oh. Didn't they?"

God please let me put her out of my misery.
    She wants to TEACH, and she chose 'Astronomy' because it was a 'pretty word'.

"What Did Epius Build for the Greeks."
    "Was it that thing with pillars!"
    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

She doesn't know what a carpenter is.

Comment

Britain today. The presenter just said 'it's amazing you got this far, really.'.
        Ok, so they just asked a question I don't know the answer to, as I'm not up on the geography of Australia.
        Last edited by GingerBiscuit; 03-03-2009, 03:42 PM.

Comment

This definitely wasn't going where I thought it was. I thought you were talking to Becky, telling her to check out someone's butt that's as big as a rap star's girlfriend's.

Yea, those shows never cease to amuse me. I think you have to fail an IQ test to show up on there.
          "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

There's a reason I don't watch a lot of stuff on TV.

Stupidity causes me great pain.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Dumb, Da, Dumb, Dumb!

Gingerbiscuit, doesn't it make you want to reach into the TV set and throttle some of those contestants?

They don't seem to have a clue, do they?

On the US version of that show I've seen a Principal of a school who couldn't find Peru on a map.

I remember teachers in the Museum who were there for an 'elite' Summer program. I hate to say it but many of them were dumb as dirt. The rest of them never said anything.

In one of the sessions, the term 'literary conceit' was mentioned by one of the Curators. Immediately, a hand went up from one of the teachers. She was incensed!

"How dare you say this man was conceited?"

"I didn't say he was conceited. I spoke about a literary conceit that he used. Do you understand the difference, Ma'am?"

"There's no difference! Conceited and conceit are the same thing! I don't care if I have to forfeit the money I spent to come here, I will speak the truth!

(Teachers were well paid to attend this week-long workshop. They didn't have to spend a penny.)

"Akhnaten was a King and needs to be respected as the African King he was. If you don't want to do that, we'll all just leave!"

Well, the teachers didn't leave after that tirade but they didn't hang around to spend some time in the Library either. After all, the session ended at three and that's when some teachers end their work-day.

They came back for the next day's sessions but never really even tried to get what we wanted to present. The teachers had their own agenda. It was going to be totally African and anything said be a person who was not of African heritage would be discounted out of hand.

How can you teach Ancient Egypt?
              Research is the art of reading what everyone has read and seeing what no one else has seen.

Comment

I can't even... wha, buh...

You broke my braaaaaaaain,
                Seriously, I don't know everything in the world, but I know when I have gaps in my awareness and am happy to have others fill them in if necessary. And how can people get through education...

I probably couldn't locate Peru on a map without a struggle. Geography was never my best subject, but I think I could find it eventually.

Oh, and it took her a lot of stupidity and hints from the presenters to answer this question. Admittedly word problems in maths make a lot of people panic, but it's very simple.

Madonna runs 8 miles an hour for 3 and a quarter hours. How many miles does she run?

Comment

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post

Madonna runs 8 miles an hour for 3 and a quarter hours. How many miles does she run?
                  26 miles.

It is probably a good thing for GB that Street Smarts doesn't seem to be on TV anymore. Some of the people on that show are so dumb, you wonder how they manage to keep breathing.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    26 miles.

It is probably a good thing for GB that Street Smarts doesn't seem to be on TV anymore. Some of the people on that show are so dumb, you wonder how they manage to keep breathing.
                    Except Street Smarts only used drunk people, from what I saw. Drunks are a special kind of stupid: temporarily chemically-induced stupid. Many brighten up when sober. Sadly, some do not.
                    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Um, isn't that thirty miles?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                        Um, isn't that thirty miles?

Rapscallion
                        8 miles an hour for 3 hours=24.

One-quarter of 8 is 2.

So 8 MPH for 3 1/4 hours is 26, I think. It's been years since I had a math class.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Bugger - I read that as three and three-quarter miles.

Will teach me to read it properly next time.

Rapscallion

Comment

Math is powerful magic that makes my head hurt. I would have failed that question. I try not to watch stuff like that because it makes me want to go there and show them what's what.. But then again, I know they choose questions that may be out of the person's expertise. As such, I would be upstaged by 5th graders and their mad math skillz.
                            I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

When they passed out drains she thought they said brains and asked for two?
                              Last edited by dalesys; 03-03-2009, 09:53 PM.
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                              X