Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Imma blow up your office and beat you up!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent ownage, Tilly! And glad to see you back!

Even if he does get a slap on the wrist, hopefully he will be sweating considerably until then -- and it will still involve a nice public court appearance, and with any luck a good tongue-lashing from the judge -- and Dickhead won't be able to answer back! (Well, not if he's activated a few more brain cells by then, anyway.)

As to why he didn't back down and apologize when your manager tried to call him ... I don't know whether it's ego or just plain stubbornness or what, but some people, when they feel they're backed into a corner (even though they know they are in the wrong), still refuse to admit they've screwed up and need to make it right. To them, apologizing and admitting they were a jerk is simply not an option.

Comment

Any updates on this?

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
        Or, they end up splattered all over a sidewalk somewhere, because their victim beats the shit out of them. I went to high school with a bully. This guy, felt like he could push everyone else around. That is, until he was at the mall, and attempted that shit out on the wrong person. Said person...beat him to a pulp, and left him on the sidewalk
        Something like this was resolved in court recently. A kid was bullied, and no one would help him - police, parents, teachers. On the school bus, the bully and his friends were taunting the kid, tellin him they were going to beat him up, so the kid got off the bus. The bullies followed, surrounded the kid and started punching him.

Kid pulled a pocket knife and stabbed the bully. Bully died.

The judge tossed the charges, and said that it was justifiable self defense.

Comment

Quoth draco664 View Post
          Something like this was resolved in court recently. A kid was bullied, and no one would help him - police, parents, teachers. On the school bus, the bully and his friends were taunting the kid, tellin him they were going to beat him up, so the kid got off the bus. The bullies followed, surrounded the kid and started punching him.

Kid pulled a pocket knife and stabbed the bully. Bully died.

The judge tossed the charges, and said that it was justifiable self defense.
          I'm glad the judicial system didn't load any more crap onto the kid, but it's awful that it had to come to that -- for the bullied kid, not the bully. If his parents (and teachers and cops) had given a damn, he might not have been pushed to the point of killing someone.

*goes back to waiting for updates*

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
            Reminds me of an episode of 'Airline' where a couple of businessmen 'joked' that they had a bomb inside their hand luggage - and were utterly amazed and outraged when they were promptly thrown off the flight.

"But it was a joke! We didn't mean it! Can't you people take a joke?"
            Reminds me of something I saw personally, at McCarren Airport in Las Vegas, in the security line for my flight home in the summer of 2002, not that long after 9/11.

Somebody says something to a guy ahead of me in the line. Guy casually responds "Oh, it'll explode!"

*needle scratch*

Everything grinds to a halt. The security officers demand "Who said that?" and grab the guy out of the line.

After some questioning they must've decided he wasn't a threat, because he was allowed back in line and onto the plane. I overhead his travel companions say "He just doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut."
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Jeez. In this day and age, it's a shame he wasn't invited to cool his heels for 24 hours while they checked him out thoroughly. Maybe having his travel plans screwed up and having to scramble to get another flight would've given him a better idea of when to shut up!

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                I'm glad the judicial system didn't load any more crap onto the kid, but it's awful that it had to come to that -- for the bullied kid, not the bully. If his parents (and teachers and cops) had given a damn, he might not have been pushed to the point of killing someone.

*goes back to waiting for updates*
                I think it is awful it came to that for the bully as well. But I am with you on waiting for updates on this story

Comment

I never understood why people, after confirming who they are, make threats like this. Just shows the level of stupidity - then they try to pass it off as humor.
                  Quote Dalesys:
                  ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I'm not surprised when you get hit with a big dose of stupid. No doubt there are smart criminals out there, we just don't know about them because, well, they're smart.

Stupid on the other hand shows up real quick.

One of the reasons I adore free speech. Makes it easier to figure out who is an idiot. Racist, bigot, nut job? Keep talking. Takes the guesswork out of it.
                    "Announcing your intentions is a good way to hear God laugh." Al Swearingen (Deadwood)

Comment

Quoth 2gigch1 View Post
                      *snip*

One of the reasons I adore free speech. Makes it easier to figure out who is an idiot. Racist, bigot, nut job? Keep talking. Takes the guesswork out of it.
                      I think I'll put that on a T-shirt.

Comment

Working...
                      X