This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Moosenogger View Post
    Don't pumps automatically turn off once the tank is full? I've been pumping gas before and I'll hear a loud "click" and the pump will stop when my car is filled - even if I hadn't reached my pre-pay limit yet.
    I get the click as well with ours, although occasionally they'll click early. I usually put in around $20 when I go and refuel.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

In my stint as a gas monkey I hated the ones behind the license plate... They were spring loaded, and the damn things would always snap at my fingers.

It seems in the 60s & 70s, when I learned everything I needed to ever know (Gedoffamalawn!) the hoses were pretty consistently long enough to reach the far side of a car. Then Gary Larsen ruined it.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        Depends what counter she was referring to. If it's the gauge on the dash, she's a moron. If it's the counter on the pump, I could understand turning off the nozzle, pulling it back so it was barely in the filler (i.e. you could see the stream of fuel, but it would go into the tank), then squeezing the trigger to see if fuel comes out. Pulling a nozzle that's set on "full blast" completely out of the tank is a moron stunt.
        It was her car's fuel gauge. Cuz the pump was going and her fuel gauge wasn't going up, she put two and two together and made five.

Quoth blas View Post
        How about the idiots who park on the wrong side and try to get the nozzle and hose to go around their car
        At the petrol station where I work, each pump has extra long hoses so if you've a) got a reasonably sized car and b) park close enough to the pump, it is entirely possible to stretch the hose over the car and fill it. However, if you're driving an SUV the size of a Sherman tank, it's not going to be possible no matter how much you yank at the hose. -.-
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
          IIt seems in the 60s & 70s, when I learned everything I needed to ever know (Gedoffamalawn!) the hoses were pretty consistently long enough to reach the far side of a car. Then Gary Larsen ruined it.
          How would Gary Larsen ruin the concept of hoses long enough to reach The Far Side?

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
          IAt the petrol station where I work, each pump has extra long hoses so if you've a) got a reasonably sized car and b) park close enough to the pump, it is entirely possible to stretch the hose over the car and fill it. However, if you're driving an SUV the size of a Sherman tank, it's not going to be possible no matter how much you yank at the hose. -.-
          I've encountered hoses that were long enough to reach the far side of large vehicles (places that didn't have satelite pumps). I'd like to see one of those SUV drivers try to fill up at one of these pumps - especially since most SUVs I've seen have gas engines. These "reach the far side" hoses are for semis, which have tanks on both sides.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
            she put two and two together and made five.
            Was that a 1984 reference, or mere coincidence?
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
              In my stint as a gas monkey I hated the ones behind the license plate... They were spring loaded, and the damn things would always snap at my fingers.
              I had one of those on two different cars I owned. I learned at a young age (too young to drive, but not too young to escape having to pump gas for parental units) that it's best if you just keep a foot on the plate to hold it down while pumping gas.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
              X