X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What more do you want?!

I was (luckily) just a witness to this.

Coworker was on the till next to mine when her receipt printer jammed so she ran off to get a manager (for some reason managers have to authorise a reprint of receipts).

The manager came over and unjammed the printer and then tried to reprint the receipt but for some reason it just wouldn't reprint, so she told the customer she was going to have to refund out the transaction and put it through again.

SC: "The whole time I've been stood here no one has told me what is going on."
    This is a fair point; my coworker hadn't told her what was happening - I don't know why as she normally does.
    Manager: "Oh I'm ever so sorry [explains the problem]. I'm very sorry about that madam, I didn't realise you hadn't been told about the problem."
    SC: "No one said a thing, I didn't know what was happening. [whinge whinge]."
    Manager: "I'm very sorry about that. I wasn't aware that you'd not been told what the problem was."
    SC: "[Whinge whinge]. No one thanked me for waiting [whinge whinge]."
    Manager: "I'm very sorry for the inconvenience, madam. This has all gone through fine now. Sorry for the delay."
    SC then just walked off without saying anything.

Now, I get that SC was annoyed at not being told what was going on but she expressed that annoyance and my manager apologised LOADS yet she still kept moaning - I'm not sure what she expected to gain by that?!!

Quoth government_drone View Post
    Now, I get that SC was annoyed at not being told what was going on but she expressed that annoyance and my manager apologised LOADS yet she still kept moaning - I'm not sure what she expected to gain by that?!!
    Simple. She expected to be compensated for her time. (i.e., a discount)
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Yeah, I agree. She wanted her stuff for free.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth government_drone View Post
        Odds are she was looking for a substantial discount, free stuff, and the chance to witness both your coworker and the manager commit ritualistic suicide for her amusement.
        I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Then she should have the stones to come right out and ask for it...of course she should then be promptly denied
          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

sounds like the SC was trying to hold out for a gift card for the "inconvenience"

and only managers can reprint? that sucks.

Comment

Yeah, you're probably right, in which case she needs new tactics as her current one doesn't work.

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              and only managers can reprint? that sucks.
              It's so annoying!

Comment

I can kinda understand that -- The more copies of a receipt are around, the higher the chance that someone (probably a customer/scammer...and really, they're the same thing to Corporate) will take advantage of them. Say, by purchasing one __SmallExpensiveItem__ with Cash and getting 10 copies of the receipt, and having her buddies who recently stole a bunch of said item each "return" items over several days/several stores for cash money, each with their own genuine receipt! If your store doesn't track each receipt to prevent this, it's easy money. If your manager is spineless, he might even allow it anyway even if the system says the item's already been returned...
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

My store solved that problem: Duplicate receipts say "Duplicate" at the top. And don't have the barcode needed to scan in a receipt to do the return. Now, we can still technically do the return even using that (have to type it all in) but that does give an opportunity to catch that kind of thing cold.

But whiny lady is whiny and should've asked for compensation so we could get a laugh at her being told no.
                  My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

It may be a measure of my 19 years in customer service, but I'm afraid that if I make a heartfelt apology because I see the customer's point of view and they continue to whinge and moan, I will punch them in the face.

j/k

Although, it is my pet peeve when you say you're sorry (for something that isn't your fault, usually) and they just go on and on, expecting you to open your wallet and throw money at them until they stop moaning.
                    There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      Say, by purchasing one __SmallExpensiveItem__ with Cash and getting 10 copies of the receipt, and having her buddies who recently stole a bunch of said item each "return" items over several days/several stores for cash money, each with their own genuine receipt!
                      They wouldn't even have to steal them. They have the receipt, walk to wherever X product is, pick one up, take it to where they returns are done.

This was happening often when I worked at Dillard's with just about everything that didn't have a sensor tag. Now, when you buy something there, they scan the tag and then a POP label. Can't complete a sale without one.
                      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                      X