X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Towing Tidbits of Twenty Twelve

Your Monthly Forgery Failure

If your over-under bet for how long it would take to catch my first forgery of 2012 was more than one week, you may claim your fabulous* prize now.

Changing the letters “DEC” to “FEB” is a daunting task. You can kind of make a “C” look like a “B” without butchering the flow of the original pen too bad, but there’s no convincing way to turn a “D” into an “F” without doing something that will result in either of those letters being issued as the grade of your handiwork. I can see why you’d want to use “FEB”, since the “E” can be re-used, but, that only necessitated changing the days on the permit as well, since it was a December permit to start with, and February doesn’t have a 31st day. So I have to acknowledge that you have at least a meager handful of spastically-firing neurons inside your head, and not an unbalanced washing machine on the spin cycle to realize you'd have to turn the "31" into a "28". That was the real trip-up since you can kinda make a “1” into something like a leaning “8” that’s had one too many to drink, but cannot change a “3” into “2” without eviscerating that poor little “3” who did absolutely nothing, NOTHING, to you in your life to deserve it.

Oh, and you did that all with a blue ballpoint pen, when the original was done in black….. the mind boggles.

*prize is not fabulous

You Used the Magic Word!

-I believe someone at this number just called looking for a vehicle from Berkshire Apartments? A grey SUV?
    -Yes, that was me
    -Okay, we have that vehicle, it was towed for not having a permit for that lot, it will be $115 to pick up, we are -located at…
    -(Interrupting) $115??? Are you f*ucking serious?!

*click*

1 potato…. 2 potato …. 3 potato…..

-Yes, I think your phone dropped my call
    -No, it didn’t. I hung up on you for swearing at me, there’s no need for that.
    -What?! Calm down dude! That’s just the way I talk when I get upset! And I’m pretty upset now, you took my car!
    -Well, there’s no need for it, and if you do it again, I will hang up again.
    -You need to learn some professionalism! I want to talk to your manager.
    -He’ll be in at 9am tomorrow (it was about 2am at this point)
    -You can’t get him now? There’s no supervisor there now?
    -Fraid’ not Sir, it’s just me
    -Well, I’m your customer! And it’s rude to hang up on me! I don’t appreciate it and I intend to complain! What’s your name?
    -Argabarga
    -Last name?
    -I’m not giving that to you sir.
    -So, you’re saying that you’re lying to me? That’s what you’re saying!
    -Excuse me?
    -If you don’t give me your full name, how do I know you’re telling the truth?
    -I’m the only Argabarga here, if you want to complain, they’ll know exactly who I am
    -Well I intend to! I don’t hang up on people at MY job! Which by the way you’re making me late for by taking my car!!! You’re rude!
    -It’s also rude to swear at people you don’t know over the phone, don’t you think?
    -Chill the f*ck out dude!
    -Oops, you did it again. Have a nice night sir. *click*

Don’t know if he bothered to call back and complain, I guess he didn’t because I never heard anything from said manager who’s internal BS-detector has been finely calibrated from years of “complaints” from “customers” with cars that have been “towed”. Maybe I was a little quick with the trigger-finger on that one, but at 2 am, with me lying on the ground under a car in the rain with a soaking wet tire strap in one hand and a cellphone in the other is the WRONG time to tempt me.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Quoth Argabarga View Post
    So I have to acknowledge that you have at least a meager handful of spastically-firing neurons inside your head, and not an unbalanced washing machine on the spin cycle to realize you'd have to turn the "31" into a "29".
    Fixed it for yah!
    Last edited by Dave1982; 01-12-2012, 04:41 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting

Comment

New bet!

Quoth PastryGal View Post
      Fixed it for yah!
      I am willing to bet that the guy thought there were 28 days in 2012.

Comment

Give the guy some credit. At least he knew that February does not have 31 days.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
          Give the guy some credit. At least he knew that February does not have 31 days.
          Maybe he learned the same poem I did?

Thirty days hath Septober
          April may, and Novender
          All the rest drink peanut butter
          Except for Granmonther. She drives a Buick.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
            Maybe he learned the same poem I did?

Thirty days hath Septober
            April may, and Novender
            All the rest drink peanut butter
            Except for Granmonther. She drives a Buick.
            Welcome to the CS Non Sequiter Society, dalesys. We may not make sense, but we like pizza.
            "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
              Welcome to the CS Non Sequiter Society, dalesys. We may not make sense, but we like pizza.
              I thought it was more a case of us all suffering from Attention Deficit DisLOOK A SQUIRREL!
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Why don't certain people get that swearing really isn't acceptable in a business transaction, and that they will be hung up on if they do it? At my previous job customers got one warning which is pretty generous for something that should just be common sense.*

* Ironically, not that common.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                  -Well I intend to! I don’t hang up on people at MY job! Which by the way you’re making me late for by taking my car!!! You’re rude!
                  [EXTREME SARCASM]: And it's polite to park in someone else's paid for parking place?
                  Last edited by Dave1982; 01-12-2012, 04:42 PM. Reason: Broken quote tag
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth government_drone View Post
                    Why don't certain people get that swearing really isn't acceptable in a business transaction, and that they will be hung up on if they do it? At my previous job customers got one warning which is pretty generous for something that should just be common sense.*

(Emphasis mine) Because unfortunately, too many companies insist that their employees just sit there and take it. So these SCs just assume that ALL companies work that way ... and are genuinely stunned, and even further aggrieved, when they find it that 'tis not so.

Comment

Quoth government_drone View Post

"Common sense - so rare nowadays, it's a super power!"

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                        (Emphasis mine) Because unfortunately, too many companies insist that their employees just sit there and take it. So these SCs just assume that ALL companies work that way ... and are genuinely stunned, and even further aggrieved, when they find it that 'tis not so.
                        Like mine Though I really don't find the actual swear words any more offensive than anything else they're screaming at me...I have to listen either way.
                        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                          I thought it was more a case of us all suffering from Attention Deficit DisLOOK A SQUIRREL!
                          LOL Love the "Up" reference !!!!!!!!!

Comment

They're naturally pissed that they either got caught doing something they knew they shouldn't have done and/or are just pissed that you have their means of transportation. This takes up too many brain cells for them to realize that cursing the chosen one who holds their vehicle does not put it back in their hands faster.

Comment

Ahhhh, there are a few people on here of whom I eagerly await new treasures of suckiness. Argabarga is one, as well as Lupo, for another. Where did Cookiesaur go? Miss her stories, too. I could add a few others to that list, but what I suspect is pre-alzheimers prevents me from naming them right away
                              Who hears all your prayers? Why, the NSA, of course!

Comment

Working...
                              X