Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales of the Lounge (Frat Boy Edition)

If I can't drink alcohol...

So we have a Fraternity staying here this weekend. And they (of course) are taking full advantage of the on site Bar (which is a dance club with DJ from 10pm-2am).

One of them was cut off. He walked down the hall as I came in to work, and told his buddy "I've just been kicked out." However he was only cut off. He was told he could go back in the Bar, he just wouldn't be served.

FratBoy: If I can't drink alcohol, why would I want to go back in there.

The Organizer for the Fraternity (FO), complained to the Bar Manager and Security that the guy wasn't drunk, and was perfectly lucid when he just talked to him. (Ben, the guy running the door tonight, said he was "bouncing of the walls".)

FO: We've been coming here for 8 years, but this is the last time.

So, because 1 Guy was cut off, for acting like an idiot, you're going to stop coming to the only hotel in the area that has a Bar, meeting room large enough to accomodate your group, and room rates that are half what you would normally pay for a hotel with those features.

FO also came to the desk asking for Meg, the manager.

Apparently then Meg smoothed things over with him.

PS: Meg is NOT spineless, she probably just talked him down off the cliff . FO was pretty decent when I had to deal with him, so above may be the alcohol talking.

If I wasn't paying attention...

So the $$ the Bar takes in is processed through the FD. The Cash & CC are put in as one total, based off the paperwork given to me by the Bar. The CC Total is always the total amount of CC less the CC tips, with the CC tips going on another line. Tonight, the guy who did the paperwork decided to put the total CC charges (CC tips included) in the 1st slot. and the Total less tips in the 2nd slot. If I hadn't double checked it with the Bar receipt someone would be asking me what happened to $147.50.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
    If I can't drink alcohol...
    FO: We've been coming here for 8 years, but this is the last time.
    Drinking so much explains why it's taking him so long to get a four year degree, I guess.

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
      PS: Meg is NOT spineless, she probably just talked him down off the cliff .
      De-escalation is a good thing, IMO, especially if you don't have to give the SCs something free or undeserved just to make them happy. We had a guy in my recent training class that said he dealt with a very angry customer in his seasonal position this way: The guy called in screaming, and (rep) said look...would it help if I gave you about 90 seconds just to rant and rave and get it all out and then I can try to assist you? The guy took the offer and did just that...and when it was over, Rep said "is that better?" and the guy said yep...and they continued the conversation in a much less heated manner
      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth workerbee222 View Post
        Drinking so much explains why it's taking him so long to get a four year degree, I guess.
        I think most of these guys are college graduates, but are still active in the fraternity organization. Kind of like the ΛΛΛ fraternity in "Revenge of the Nerds".

SC
        "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Working...
        X