X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How an SC *thinks* returns should work

This is an email we received about a visit to one of our restaurants

I ordered a taco and I asked for a corn tortilla and got it on the flour tortilla instead. I told them but they did not want to do anything about it because I had already eaten it.

probably from the same type of person who would try to return used underwear
    Part Angel Part Sadist

Used to get that sort of person at the pizza place; the owner would stand firm and tell the SC that they could not get a refund or a replacement pizza if they'd already eaten the "defective" one.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
      Used to get that sort of person at the pizza place; the owner would stand firm and tell the SC that they could not get a refund or a replacement pizza if they'd already eaten the "defective" one.

Well, if they ate the "defective" one, then it wasn't really "defective".

Comment

Ah, but you're thinking in real person's logic, not SC logic. XD
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

I can sort of see this ... my husband has celiac disease, so he will always order a corn tortilla instead of flour. But, having done that, sometimes he doesn't notice if he's been given the wrong thing. I've caught him halfway through a meal that clearly had flour tortillas. And then he's sick. Even restaurants with dedicated gluten-free menus have given him the wrong food.

However he'd never try to return something he's eaten. An acknowledgement that they messed up would be enough.

Comment

Half eaten is one thing. All the way eaten is just dumb.

Comment

At Mom & Pop Pizza Place way back when, I was waitressing during the day once and a couple of guys (30s, maybe...I was younger) came in for lunch and ordered lasagna. I'll be the first to say that many of our "Italian specialties" were crap compared to other restaurants, and our pizza was really the star of the show...but still, the guys ate what they ordered and then came up to pay.

I asked, customarily, "How was everything today?" One of the guys says "Well, since you asked...that lasagna was probably the worst I've ever eaten in my life. I mean, it was just horrible...blargle blargle blargle" (sorry, don't remember the rest after 20 years!) At some point, his buddy started making gagging noises as well. I was dumbfounded...I mean, they ate ALL of their food and never once said anything about it being so terrible until they came up to the register! So I just said...uh...well I'm sorry to hear that... They finished paying and walked out, still making fun of the food and "gagging". Whatever, morons...
              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Yeah. Had a guy come up when I was a manager at a McD's with one bite left of a 1/4 pounder telling me it was old and terrible and he wanted his money back.

I told him I was so sorry (not) that I couldn't do anything for him but if anything like this should happen in the future if he could notify me before he eats the awful food then I could replace it or offer a refund. He wanted to argue the point but it was busy and I was already walking away, ignoring him.

Idiots.
                You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

my aunt did that... or rather she tried to.

she said she didn't like the dessert she ordered and kept complaining about it... until she'd eaten the whole thing.

when the server came around she tried to complain about it but... Mom was paying the tab and shook her head at the server to say "no, do not compensate us".

Comment

I read about stories like this. Notably a pizza-place story where the bitching and whining mother was screaming for two new pizzas to be made, but didn't intend to return the pizzas made earlier because they were eaten by her children, who were "so hungry."

What the HELL is going on in a customer's mind where they feel ENTITLED to demand new food to replace what they already ate? If it's been eaten, then it was obviously good enough for them in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                    X