This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kitty?

I was on my last break at work yesterday and my brother texted me a picture of a cat at Petsmart, and when I got home, my parents said they all went there earlier and fell in love with a 1 year old spayed female tortie (same kind as Fatty Cat) and had signed up to adopt her.

Because it's on the way home from the bf's house, I stopped there this morning and met her. She's just a sweetie pie. I really hope we get her.

We'll find out soon
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

yay good luck

Comment

I am such a sucker for cats - every time we go to Petsmart to buy pet food we look at the cats. And I always want to take them all home. We already have 2 cats and a dog and none of them would welcome another cat, but we look at them anyway. May someday.....
      "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

I went to Petco on Sunday, and bumped into a hospice colleague with an adoption fair.

Saw the cutest torbie, very friendly and loving. I was really tempted. But Taz doesn't like other cats, so I passed.

I felt sorry for this one mackerel tabby: according to his "My Story" he was two years old and had been found as a 1 week old kitten with his mother and siblings in a tire. Made me wonder why he hadn't found his forever home yet. I do recall a shelter worker tell me once that mackerel tabbies are hard to place. I really wish I could give some of these guys homes . . .

blas . . . . send pics if your family gets her!
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I love mackerel tabbies. If I could have a cat, I would love to take one home with me.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
            I do recall a shelter worker tell me once that mackerel tabbies are hard to place.
            black cats are the hardest to place, and are statistically speaking, the friendliest. Mine are both cuddlebugs, especially now, when I'm horribly sick.
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
              black cats are the hardest to place, and are statistically speaking, the friendliest. Mine are both cuddlebugs, especially now, when I'm horribly sick.
              Speaking of which, I made two new friends the other day.

One is a gorgeous little black cat, whose owner while they are a neighbour, they have a friend staying over and have basically thrown the cat out, so me an a neighbour (my second new friend) take care of feeding it between us.

I love feeding the blackcat though because, i swear, whether its because I'm male and its female or it can smell my male cat on me, anytime i go near it while im feeding it (rouch down while its eating basically) it seriously goes nomnomnom literally, that is the sound it makes and it's hilarious to me.

I was originally going to pick two black cats (I originally wanted 2) but they didn't connect with me the way the cat i chose did, I looked at him, he looked at me and got up and put his side against the cage, in that moment I knew he was going to be mine.

Also the black cats owner is an absoloute gobshite, once me and R (the new neighbour friend) tried to get iit into my carrier to take ti to a shelter because of how its being neglegted, me and her are being slow, luring ti with treats and food, how does gobshite owner try and get his cat in? Him and his mate chase it full speed and trying to pen it in against a wall to grab it.
              I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Tiger has to go in to get updated on his vaccines on Friday, and we may be able to get the new kitty after the weekend is over.

There's a lot that goes into pet adoption that makes me feel like, damn, no wonder we always just used to get cats from farms or friends of friends. They even want to inspect our house.

Not to mention, it was hard as hell to find Tiger's history, because he was given to us by my brother's ex gf, who we really don't want any contact with.

Comment

I has a black cat, he's a stray -- or, I should say, was a stray. The cat decided to adopt and, well, thirteen years later he still gets to have a cozy at night, in bed, with a housecoat over him.
                  Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Yay! Keep us updated. Hope the kitty has found its forever home!

Quoth freeatlast View Post
                    I am such a sucker for cats - every time we go to Petsmart to buy pet food we look at the cats. And I always want to take them all home. We already have 2 cats and a dog and none of them would welcome another cat, but we look at them anyway. May someday.....
                    OMG, I sympathize with you. I go to Petsmart often and everytime I go in I walk past the cages with the cats up for adoption. Only thing that is keeping me on the straight and narrow so far is that I live in my mother's house and my brother would be, shall we say, seriously underwhelmed at walking in someday and finding half a dozen or more cats roaming the place when he knows I only arrived with two ...

Also, of course, I'm in school, so living on student loans. So yeah, there's the money angle too, LOL.

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
                    *snip* I do recall a shelter worker tell me once that mackerel tabbies are hard to place. *snip*
                    Did they say why? I know black cats are hard to place because of the superstitions around them. Some day I'm going to adopt one. Or several.

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
                    *snip*

Also the black cats owner is an absolute gobshite, once me and R (the new neighbour friend) tried to get it into my carrier to take ti to a shelter because of how its being neglected, me and her are being slow, luring ti with treats and food, how does gobshite owner try and get his cat in? Him and his mate chase it full speed and trying to pen it in against a wall to grab it.
                    They sound like a pair of real prizes. Kudos to you and your friend for trying to help the kitty. Hope you keep trying to catch it and are successful. It sounds like anyplace would be better for it than the place it's got.

Comment

Yay! Pics when she comes home please.

I wish I could have a cat...but hubby and MIL are deathly allergic. :/

Comment

She's going to need a damn good brushing....the poor thing is shedding her kitten fur (Tiger went through the same thing around age 1) and isn't very well kept at the pet store.

Comment

We were told this when we adopted our two bombays. They were actually on the shortlist for euth, because of the fact that nobody wanted to adopt them.

Sucks for those people, Vincent and Victoria are two little creampuffs.

Well, Victoria is. Vincent's an emo little sucker who will pee on things when he gets in a snit fit.
                          By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                            We were told this when we adopted our two bombays. They were actually on the shortlist for euth, because of the fact that nobody wanted to adopt them.
                            Wait, nobody wanted to adopt a pair of Bombays? Those are a fairly hard to get breed still. I'd have loved to get a pair of those when I was looking for new kitties, even some non-pure off shoots from a breeder would have been nifty. People are strange.

I did still end up with a couple of good kittens-now-cats, so I came out alright anyway.
                            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                              Did they say why? I know black cats are hard to place because of the superstitions around them. Some day I'm going to adopt one. Or several.
                              Because they are so common. Apparently folks in my area like the calicos and torbies, or specific breeds rather than the common alley cat.

I wouldn't give up Taz for anything in the world. She's got her little quirks, but I'm very fond of her, and I think she's gorgeous with her little white scarf, white boots on the hind paws, mittens on the front, and this little white splotch on her nose that sets her apart
                              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                              X