This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can haz training?

So at the moment I'm currently working towards my swimming teacher certifications. There are two types, although they cover the exact same things: AUSTSWIM and World Aquatics. I'm doing the latter, as it's more flexible with uni.

Part of the requirement is on-the-job training. According to the World Aquatics staff and trainers, you do not necessarily need to have employment, you can just find a place that is willing to sign off on your training.

So I buzzed a few swimming centres I knew of and here's the results, in no particular order, numbers indicate swim schools:

1) The guy I spoke to just said "Rock up whenever and speak to <lady>", which kinda put me off a bit, given that there was a likelihood that I could rock up to the swimming centre, ask to see <lady> and she has no idea who I am or what I'm doing there.

2) This school has a very strange way of doing things: basically they conduct a pre-employment interview, THEN they have you do the training, THEN they hire you. I've applied here before, so I sent off another application regardless. (Most other places go the other way around, they'll do the training beforehand)

3) This swimming centre said that they'd train me, but they wouldn't hire me if I applied there, due to the certificate being different. -.-

4) And the last swimming centre I tried, said that they'd be willing to take me, but I'd need to wait a couple of weeks so that they can train the current batch that are coming through. She definitely wanted me to call back.
    She also suggested that I try their sister swim school, which is a stretch for me travelling wise, but is still doable once this semester is over.
    I can however, now talk to the unemployment office and say that yes, I have been looking for work
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...
Working...
X