Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My sister worked for an MDs and they moved her up to crew trainer and they required her to go to two meetings a month, off property, for training, unpaid. I was NOT happy about that! That was 4 to 6 hours of pay a MONTH they were stealing from her. Had it been me i'd have blown a serious whistle!

Comment

At the store I used to work for their was a rule, by the DM, that all freight had to be processed within 24 hrs of receiving. This was no easy task because the product had to be stripped of plastic hung or folded per the visual directive and then sensored. Some times we got 75-100 boxes a day. If the DM came in and saw freight in the back she would have a fit, no matter what the reason for it not being done was. (We only worked on 2 person coverage for most of the time so there was only so much that could be done when we also had to take care of customers.) Anyways if we knew the DM was coming and we had a lot of freight, the girl who was the other assistant in the store would always come in on her day off and work freight OFF THE CLOCK! Sometimes for 8-10 hrs. The store manager would never say anything about it but was honestly happy that it was getting done so she wouldn't have to take the heat from her boss. (The SM is salary by the way, the rest of us are hourly)

I would never say anything about it because they both knew the rules and if they wanted to dig their own graves that is their problem. What would piss me off is that I would get a guilt trip from the girl about it. She would come up to me and say "Ugh, I had to come in on my day off and work the freight" "I am so tired since I didn't get my 2nd day off this week" or the best one would be when I was talking about what my son had done the day before at school, she would say "I hardly get to see my kid." Like she was forced to come in and work off the clock on her day off! I am sorry but even though I hated the job at the time, I was not going to get fired for any type of time fraud. I am willing to work extra but you are going to pay me to do it, and if you don't want to pay me then c-ya!

I honestly think she was trying to kiss up to the SM to try and get promoted. I have been gone for 4 months and last I heard she gave up on trying to get promoted and went back to school.
      "The old saying "The customer is always right" is Bull S*it, but you should always treat the customer with respect."~ Professor of Management at UTA

Comment

Working...
      X