Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...This sounds like the very first day my company got its' new system... or maybe the first month. Well, minus the alcohol and food. I'm getting goosebumps.

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
      What'd they use to write with then? Their poo?
      Would you really be surprised? If you would, then you have never worked on a system this tragically bad.

I don't know if I mentioned this, but before I left for Phoenix, my boss told me that this company actually has an office in Scottsdale, and if that I just HAPPENED to wander by it and feel like wandering in, to deliver a message to the folks there.

The message was this:

Have I mentioned that EVERYONE at the bar hates this fucking system?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Someone doesn't like Denver quarterbacks. I'm surprised you left Teabow out of your rant.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

That was one Epic Rant. I think I read that without taking a breath!
          I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
            Someone doesn't like Denver quarterbacks. I'm surprised you left Teabow out of your rant.
            Had nothing to do with Denver. Manning. like Marino, is a notoriously slow quarterback when it comes to running. He's an awesome quarterback, just slow. Tebow, on the other hand, is known for his running. It wouldn't have fit.

Quoth Gizmo View Post
            That was one Epic Rant. I think I read that without taking a breath!
            Amusingly, that's exactly how I read it to my best friend and her husband.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
              What'd they use to write with then? Their poo?
              Well, it's a shitty system, so draw your own conclusions.

What's really sad....they had us look at two systems before they picked this one. I liked the other one better.

Then, my manager told me the day he left (yep, they canned the only person to come up with new ideas in 20 years....not the computer system, other stuff)...anyway, he told me he has since found out that that other system actually has MORE problems than the one we bought.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Can I borrow parts of that rant? It describes my last couple of days.
                I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

That was an absolutely spectacular rant Jester!

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                    Can I borrow parts of that rant? It describes my last couple of days.
                    Knock yourself out. I'm just curious....which parts?

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      Knock yourself out. I'm just curious....which parts?

Quoth Jester View Post
                      Fuck you.

No, seriously.

Fuck you.

Hell, not just fuck you. Fuck you, your family, your cousins, your cousins' friends, your friends, your friends' cousins, people who pass you in the mall, people who talk to you, people who have sex with you, people who think about having sex with you, people who are nice to you, the horse you rode in on, the horse cousins of the horse you rode in on, the horse friends of the horse you rode in on, the horse cousins of the horse friends of the horse you rode in on, John Elway, your parents for bringing you into this world and raising you, your teachers for training you, apparently very badly, the car you drove in in, the guy who sold you the car you drove in in, the horse trailer that you used to tow the horse you rode in on behind the car you drove in in, and your podiatrist. Fuck the lot of you.

I have no doubt that you are worthy human beings and have many talents.

You and your ilk make me want to bring back the stockades, public floggings, and execution holidays.

In closing, I hope you get genital herpes, not only on your privates, but also on your face. I hope your children grow up to perform in donkey shows in Mexico. I hope your loved ones develop itches in places they can't scratch. I curse you and your brood, and wish you nothing but the worst. I look forward to the day you are justly punished for your crimes against our establishment by being forced to watch the entire Twilight series repeatedly, with your eyes forced open, and a rabid epileptic porcupine in your lap.
                      Got into a couple arguments with one of my brothers-in-law. I was so full of rage that I was at a loss for words.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                        Got into a couple arguments with one of my brothers-in-law. I was so full of rage that I was at a loss for words.
                        So...did you sic the rabid epileptic porcupine on him?

Still A Customer."

Comment

No, but I will next time. Unfortunately, there will be a next time.

Comment

On Tuesday, one of my managers told me that we would be getting the NEW new system installed today. Maybe. I sure hope so! I'll find out tomorrow, when I open the bar. Because while the NEW new system may have its faults, it would actually have to TRY for it to be worse than the old new system.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              On Tuesday, one of my managers told me that we would be getting the NEW new system installed today. Maybe. I sure hope so! I'll find out tomorrow, when I open the bar. Because while the NEW new system may have its faults, it would actually have to TRY for it to be worse than the old new system.
                              Oooh, this post just screams "Tempting Fate" to me...

Fingers crossed, Jester!
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

No new system today. But I am not surprised, because what I forgot about is that the manager who told me about it told me they'd be installing it upstairs first, before redoing the downstairs, where I generally work, and that we would all need training on it. But it seems like, hopefully, maybe, possibly, sometime really soon we are going to have that new new system, and finally be free of this horribly lame old new system.

After tomorrow, I have five days off from The Bar before my next shift, due to that mixology seminar I'm attending in Miami, so I'm hoping that NEXT Thursday brings me the new new system under my imaginary Christmas tree.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X