This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Smell Better Be the Durian

...Because if it's not, you better find the source of it like NOW.

I went to the local grocery store the other day, and the produce section smelled vile. Really, it smelled like something was rotting. They had a big pile of frozen Durian for sale, and I know those stink, so I was curious and leaned over and sniffed one. They... didn't smell particularly bad. And also I detected the same stench a couple aisle's down, near a cart that might have been abandoned. The cart had fresh fish in it, and I was there before I found the Durian, so I assumed the fish were causing the stink. There might have been a durian in there but I didn't see it.

Man, I sure hope it's the durian fruits stinking the place up. If not, something is dead and rotting and I'm grossed out.

Yeah, I hear Durian are stinky, but taste good. How is that possible if smell & taste are intertwined?
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      Yeah, I hear Durian are stinky, but taste good. How is that possible if smell & taste are intertwined?
      Good question. My mom used to love limburger cheese, but the rest of us were just That stuff stinks and it tastes horrible.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Frozen durian doesn't smell, at least not that I could tell. I still have yet to try it, my dad says it's really good with coconut milk on sticky rice.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

My mother bought a fresh one once. It smelled horrible and to me it tasted as bad as it smelled. The texture was gushy and tasted foul to me. The worst thing was that the smell started to come from inside me for the next few days until it worked its way through my system. I will never eat another as long as I live.
          A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
          Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

"She eats these skeezy cheeses that I can't describe..." I adore skeezy cheese but every so often I find one that smells awful and tastes good. It's usually a Brie or a Camembert with a very mature rind that has started to give off ammonia. The cheese still tastes great but I almost can't get around the smell.

Comment

Quoth Flying Grype
              "She eats these skeezy cheeses that I can't describe..."
              Buffy quote for the win! Love that episode too. ^_^
              Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
              Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
                Buffy quote for the win! Love that episode too. ^_^
                I keep that one saved on my DVR.
                Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                HR believes the first person in the door
                Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                Document everything
                CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth

I keep that one saved on my DVR.
                  There are a dozen or so episodes that I'll just randomly rewatch cause they're just so awesome. And I'm so thankful I spent all that money on the DVDs when I was young and careless and couldn't afford them and food. Cause now I have them around. ^_^
                  Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                  Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Working...
                  X