This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow. Of All the Things to Lose...

So first of all, wow, I haven't posted in a long time. I've mostly just been lurking and enjoying everyone else's stories while forgetting my own.

Anyway, this happened tonight and I just had to mention it.

A customer came through the store and ended up losing something very interesting, which another customer found and brought up to the registers.

The item the guy lost? A permission form for medical marijuana use.

The guy who found it had given it to the other cashier, M, who asked me what to do since he wasn't sure. I gave it a quick lookover to try to find a phone number so that I could let the guy know where it was, but there was no number on it that I could see.
    I then tried to look him up in the phone book (his address was on the form so I was able to narrow it down to the right section rather than going through the whole book) but he wasn't listed.

Not knowing what else to do I just stuck it in the safe we have at Customer Service for the fishing and hunting licenses (it was around 8:30 pm at the time and we close at 9). I'll tell the store manager and/or owner about it in the morning since I'm opening.
    my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
    it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Inquiring minds want to know if he tries weedling his permit out of you.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I hope he does come back for it. I feel kind of weird holding on to it, even though it's locked up in the safe. Plus, I feel bad for the guy. Losing something like that has really gotta suck.

I go to work in a couple of hours, and then I'm going out to supper and to shoot pool with my dad afterwards so I won't be able to post an update until sometime tonight.

As soon as I get home though I'll let everyone know what, if anything, happened.

Comment

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

-- Ozzy Osbourne

Comment

It may be just my dirty mind, but I was thinking someone lost an adult toy.
          ......../\
          ....../__\
          ..../\...../\
          ../__\../__\

Comment

Sarah, that was my first thought as well.

Comment

Okay, back with an update.

First of all, sorry for not posting when I said I would. This weekend has been busy as hell, and the form just kept slipping my mind. I'd remember it, then forget about it a few minutes later before I had a chance to talk to the manager, then remember it, then forget it, etc. etc. It was a vicious cycle. Also, my memory is shit.

Anyway, I asked B, the head cashier, about it today and she thought to look his name up in our system (if he had returned anything at our store before he would be listed, along with his phone number). Wish I had thought of that.

He was in our system so I was able to get his phone number and give him a call. I didn't want to outright say what the call was about, because I felt a little weird about it, (plus I wasn't sure if it was the right Mr. A) so I tried to hint at it.
              I asked him if he had been in our store Friday night, and he said that he might have been. I then told him that he had lost a rather important piece of paper in our store without mentioning just what that important piece of paper was.

Thankfully, it was the right guy. Before I could hint at just what the paper was, he said, "Oh, it must be my marijuana form! I was wondering where that was."
              ()

He said he would be in for it later and I told him he would need a piece of photo ID to get it. He came in, showed his ID, and I gave him the form. He was pleasant the whole way through, from the phone call to the pick up. It's nice when stories have happy endings, isn't it?

And Sarah, if that had been the lost item, I think my thread title would have been something more along the lines of "Holy discarded dildos, Batman!"

...I'm going to Hell, aren't I?

(Now I want to start a band called Discarded Dildos. Who's with me? )

Comment

Quoth Miss Maple Leaf View Post
                ...(Now I want to start a band called Discarded Dildos. Who's with me? )
                Hasn't that name been beaten to death yet?

(There was a band here in Salt Lake late 60s named "Neon Erection")
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                  There was a band here in Salt Lake late 60s named "Neon Erection"
                  Oh god I'm bad as hell, the first thing (tee hee hee ) I thought of was some guy with a hot pink glow in the dark condom on saying "check out my glow worm." Yeah I have a dirty, dirty mind.

Edit: I apologize for my above pervy-ness, I promise to never come on here while drinking again it makes me alot worse.
                  Last edited by Zellie Crescent; 05-03-2012, 03:23 PM.
                  ......../\
                  ....../__\
                  ..../\...../\
                  ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

-- Ozzy Osbourne
                    Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
                    It may be just my dirty mind, but I was thinking someone lost an adult toy.
                    Both of those crossed my mind as well ...

Comment

Working...
                    X