Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing that amazes me is that most of the people doing things like this are NOBODY. There's no reason on earth why the govn't or anybody else would want to spy on them. I think they just feel lonely andunimportant, and this adds some excitement to their lives.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

If they just wanted to be special or get attention, they'd start a vanity Tumblr account, or steal a motorcycle.

I think this is genuine mental illness, I've brushed up against it a few times in my job too. The lady that threatened to have her boyfriend (who near as I could tell didn't exist) shoot us if we came into her apartment's parking lot to "spy" on her again....

It's funny, and not funny, and tragic all at the same time when you see it for real.
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        The thing that amazes me is that most of the people doing things like this are NOBODY. There's no reason on earth why the govn't or anybody else would want to spy on them. I think they just feel lonely andunimportant, and this adds some excitement to their lives.
        Not to mention, there are seven billion people on earth, 318 million in the US alone. Who can watch each and every single one of them?! Even with today's equipment, the logistics don't work.

But just in case...
        Last edited by XCashier; 10-22-2015, 06:19 PM. Reason: added something
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          Not to mention, there are seven billion people on earth, 318 million in the US alone. Who can watch each and every single one of them?! Even with today's equipment, the logistics don't work.
          That's just what they want you to think...
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Calls like this are common in a dispatch center. We had one lady (I think she's passed on...) who used to call every Friday to let us know she had "laid out all of her bills on the roof so the aliens could scan them and help her get her money back". On the plus side, she was at least a POLITE "interesting" person, not a screaming and rude "interesting" person.
            Why is stupidity not an arrestable offense?

Comment

If only you could have this for your on hold music on that call...

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
              I AGREE
              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

We have an 'interesting' customer at the vet clinic. I think she has dementia, and is lonely and bored. And broke. She has an antique cat, brings the cat into the store in front of the hospital, riding on top of her many bags o' stuff in a granny basket, lets it out of the carrier and then a sales person has to fish the cat out from underneath. Cat poops, woman picks up the poop, and then does NOT put the bagged poop into the trash can where she got the wipes and bag to pick it up; she goes and bangs on the grooming glass wall, to give them the poop.... Startles the dogs inside grooming, gets severely spoken to by sales person.

Finally gets into our exam room to be seen, gives cat a bath in the sink because cat got pee and poop on herself when she pooped in the carrier. We examine damp cat, give her the same answer we gave her last time: we think cat as A, but we won't know until we put her under anesthesia because we can't look in the mouth of a painful old cat until she's out cold. And, unless you have the money to allow us to DO anything about our findings, it's just cruel to anesthetize this cat. She doesn't need her teeth cleaned that badly if that's all we're going to do.

She called in yesterday morning and wanted medical info from our receptionist. Receptionist told her she couldn't do that, woman would have to come in to the hospital to get medical information. Woman kept asking, and finally hung up after cancelling her appointment. I feel badly for the woman, it's got to suck to be her, but she is the biggest PITA on our client list right now.

Comment

I once had an older (50's I guess) guy asking about buying a printer. But he didn't want a laser printer because the government monitors what you're printing.

I probably should have bit my tongue, but I couldn't help it. Conspiracy nuts and paranoid people annoy me.

"The government doesn't care what you do. Nothing you do is important enough for them to monitor."

It did seem to deflate him a bit. I think some people way overestimate their importance.

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
                    I once had an older (50's I guess) guy asking about buying a printer. But he didn't want a laser printer because the government monitors what you're printing.
                    That one's at least partially true, as far as identifying counterfeits go.

Comment

Most of the ones that were "conspiracy" types were the ones with real mental illnesses and usually, we only had to deal with the poor sots long enough for them to get consent for their carer to take over. I admit, if it hadn't been so tragic, the verbal sparing to get the info from the rickety old woman about her address... "But for all I know, you'll come out..." Lady, it's our JOB to come out and fix your window AC.

Thankfully, one of her kids took over the call, apologizing. Nah, I get it. At least she was a sweetie, unlike the supposedly sane assholes i used to get. The only thing wrong with those types is the delusion of grandeur and superiority complexes...
                      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Working...
                      X