This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza Chronicles: Telepathic Delivery

You all know those customers, who expect everything, want everything, even things they don't tell you. I do not remember this person, maybe a new customer? Maybe someone who frequents other stores? Either way heres how this tool shed acted today.

**phone rings**
    <me> Hello (resturant name, location). How can I help you?
    <SC> Hello is this (resturant, location)?
    <me> Yes it is..... how may I help you?
    <SC> I want to order "just" a medium pizza with mushroom, pepperoni, and ham.
    <me> Sure thing, can I have your name please?
    <SC> Umm I'm not done!
    <me> **thinking oh boy here we go**
    <me> What else would you like today mam?
    <SC> I want a small cheese pizza and a large 1/4 cheese, 1/4 Hawaiian, 1/4 meatlovers, and 1/4 Mediterranean.
    <me> Sure, anything else?
    <SC> Yes I want a garlic bread with cheese and 4 cans of gingerale.
    <me> Is that everything today?
    <SC> Yes.
    <me>Okay can I have your name?
    <SC> (insert name..we'll call her toolshed)
    <me> Okay miss your total will be $44.25
    <SC> Okay thanks.

*** LITERALLY AN HOUR LATER ***

<SC> Hello i am (toolshed) I ordered over an hour ago and my food isnt here yet, i am not paying for cold pizza.
    <me> I am sorry mam but you're order is here at our store waiting for pickup, you placed a pickup order.
    <SC>NO I WANTED DELIVERY
    <me> I am sorry but you didnt request delivery.
    <SC> YOU SHOULD HAVE ASKED ME IF I WANTED DELIVERY
    <me> I am sorry it doesn't work that way, we only deliver if the customer requests it.
    <SC> UNACCEPTABLE I WANTED DELIVERY AND YOU RUSHED ME
    <me> I did not, you placed an order for one pizza then started ordering more items after that. I am afraid you did not ask for delivery.
    <SC> I WANTED DELIVERY, NOW I WANT IT DELIVERED FREE.
    <me> I am sorry but we cant do that, I understand you wanted delivery but when you don't ask for delivery nor give me any adderess information I can't read your mind and give you what you want.
    <SC> I want to speak to a manager.
    <me> I am the manager
    <SC> Okay I want your name.
    <me> (**my name**)
    <SC> And your last name?
    <me> My last name is none of your business.
    <SC> I WANT YOUR LAST NAME?
    <me> My first name is appropriate, have a good day.
    <SC> Youll be hearing from my husband when he gets home.

Nothing yet so far from them. Notified the owner, he simply said what can they expect us to do? We did our job.

We can only read their minds if they have a mind for us to read...>_<
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

"I want a small cheese pizza and a large 1/4 cheese, 1/4 Hawaiian, 1/4 meatlovers, and 1/4 Mediterranean. "

What a PITA of a pizza to make...

Comment

neither of the pizza places where I worked (one a national chain, one a local hole in the wall) would do those. Half and half at the most, or order two pizzas.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

If I worked pizza, and got that PITA 1/4-1/4-1/4-1/4 order, I'd have to make sure to slice it so that each slice was 1/2 of one type, 1/2 of the type next to it. What? You didn't specify delivery or cut. Too bad.
          Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

1/2 meatlovers, 1/2 vegan. And don't let them contaminate each other!
            Quoth sirwired View Post
            ...What a PITA of a pizza to make...
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I ALWAYS specify delivery first thing, but then the pizza places here also always ask if it's pickup or delivery. If a place doesn't do that, it's on the customer to be specific. She probably did that on purpose thinking she could get her food for free.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                The all meat/vegetarian was actually a popular combo at the pizza shop where I used to work. and yes someone did order one once and came back to complain that the meat juices were on the vege side.
                Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                  To be clear some cultures tend toward vegan such as the Indian sub-continent. We have enough H1B workers from that area of the world here in my area that we regularly get requests for the pizza cutter to be freshly cleaned when cutting an order.

NOW the above half and half is just stupid unless there is a way (hard to do) to physically separate the 2 halves and then do the same thing while the pizzas is in transport (either delivery or carryout) dine-in would be a little easier but not by much.
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                    NOW the above half and half is just stupid unless there is a way (hard to do) to physically separate the 2 halves and then do the same thing while the pizzas is in transport (either delivery or carryout) dine-in would be a little easier but not by much.
                    Vegans don't eat cheese, cheese melts. not possible.
                    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                      Vegans don't eat cheese, cheese melts. not possible.
                      And I hope there wasn't yeast in the dough! Can't kill those little critters either!

Comment

I suppose the elephant in the room here is that she never actually gave her address for the food to be delivered to...

Comment

Quoth Smapti View Post
                          I suppose the elephant in the room here is that she never actually gave her address for the food to be delivered to...
                          She *might* have thought this is one of the places which links the customer's address to caller ID. However, from the sound of it, this place defaults to carry-out. Some pizza places which have nice sit-down dining areas don't ask delivery or carry-out, they just figure the caller will... tell them... what they want.

Also what gets me is she said she wanted to order "just" a medium pizza, then proceeds to order a bunch of other stuff. Makes me wonder if just stupid or trying to get free food. Yeah, going with free food on this one.
                          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                            Also what gets me is she said she wanted to order "just" a medium pizza, then proceeds to order a bunch of other stuff. Makes me wonder if just stupid or trying to get free food. Yeah, going with free food on this one.
                            It might be a local turn of phrase. I've heard "just" used when you're trying to say it's not the biggest/most/grandest option that you want. So "I'll have just a medium pizza" means she doesn't want a large, or I'll have just a bite" is saying you don't want the whole thing.

She had plenty of layers of suck going on, tho, to mitigate it with that little colloquialism.
                            Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Working...
                            X