This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza Chronicles: The Coupon Savage

So I am the manager in a pizza place, like most pizza restaurants we have coupons available both online or in store for customers to enjoy. All our coupons like most places have restrictions like "one per customer per order".. and expiry's...etc. This happens weekly but rarely to I encounter these gems.

**phone rings**
    <me> Hello (resturant name, location) how can I help you?
    <Sir coupon> Pizza.
    <me> Okay, would you like to place an order today?
    <Sir coupon> Yes, I would like a large pizza with pepperoni,bacon,mushroom,green pepper,onion,tomato, spinach, italian sausage and hambuger meat.
    <me> *** thinking jesus what a nasty pizza combination***
    <me> Is that all for today?
    <sir coupon> I would like a garlic bread with cheese, and a bottle of Pepsi
    <me> Okay sir can I get your name please?
    <sir coupon> (name)
    <me> Thank you, your total is $32.70
    <sir coupon> Woah thats expensive, I have coupons I would like to redeem.
    <me> Sure thing, just bring what coupon you want when you come in, you're order will be approximately 30 minutes thank you.
    **** 35 minutes later sir coupons shows up ****
    <me> Hello sir picking up?
    <sir coupons> Yes for (name)
    <me> ** grabs order to register **
    <sir coupons> ** pulls out 3 coupons... Lg 4 topping coupon... garlic bread coupon... bottle of soft drink coupon...***
    <sir coupons> I want to use all of these.
    <me> Im sorry sir but these coupons are one per person and you cannot combine with other coupons. Sorry.
    <sir coupon> You didnt tell me that on the phone.
    <me> I am sorry sir but the terms are on the coupons, we can't do nothing about it.
    <Sir coupon> No. No, you didnt tell me that on the phone I dont care what the coupon says.
    <me> I am sorry sir but you wont be able to use more than one coupon, I dont make the rules sir.
    <sir coupon> No you're going to let me use every one of these coupons. I told you I had coupons and you didnt say anything about that.
    <me> I am sorry sir but I dont need to, it is your responsibility to read the terms on the coupon.
    <sir coupon> Okay if you wont, Ill go over your head and make you. I want a manager.
    <me> I am the manager.
    <sir coupon> I want to speak to your superior, NOW. Im not leaving till I redeem my coupons.
    <me> No sir you can speak to me. If you wish to contact the owner leave your name and number and Ill sent it to the owner.
    <sir coupon> This is the worst customer service, your a joke. Get a real job.
    <me> I am sorry sir but if you dont calm down you're going to have to leave.
    <sir coupon> What the f**k are you going to do about it?
    <me> Ill have you trespassed and arrested, and if you get physical Ive been boxing for 7 years and i am positive beyond a reasonable doubt I can handle this situation
    <sir coupon> Ill sue the fucking shit out of this place and you if you touch me.
    <me> Sir please leave the property or ill call the police.
    <sir coupon> I am never coming back, i am telling everyone about this place and they'll know how horrible you are to your customers.
    <me> Okay have a good night sir and learn how to read.

This guy leave and writes a nasty yelp review, how typical. Called the owner, he laughed at this joke of a person.

welcome to the wonderful world of fast food.

You should see what some people do when they order on-line and try and use more than one or two coupons.

SO SORRY the system is set up that way for a reason. EVEN my cheap-ass franchise wants to make money somehow. NO you can not coupon your order down to ZERO easily.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

<Sir coupon> ... I dont care what the coupon says.

Oh? I thought you did. You DID want the discounts right?
      I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
      In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

That "get a real job" crack is what angers me. If it wasn't real, the money in your bank account wouldn't be real. What a jerk.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

If we all went out and got "real jobs" idiots like him would starve.

Wait a minute... I'm sure there's supposed to be a downside to this argument?
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

You know, I don't live in the U.S. anymore, but I'd never bother with Yelp to decide on a good location or not. It's simply been far too abused by sucktomers to whinge about the fact that the employees actually followed policies and didn't let the idiots get away with murder.

Comment

Kudos on banning this useless sucktomer!

Comment

Lol, I remember idiots like that from my time working at the pizza place. The owner often worked in the shop in the evening on weekends, cuz it would get really busy and it helped to have another person to answer the phones and serve walk-ins. One time I remember, this woman pitched a fit cuz she couldn't combine two offers; the combie where you got one large pizza, a drink and a side for £12.99 and the BOGOF. The owner was serving her and she snapped "Get me a manager" when he told her this. He told her that the manager was off sick. "Well then, I want to see the owner," she replied. The look on her face when he told her he was the owner was priceless.
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth BlueCrypto View Post
                  <me> Im sorry sir but these coupons are one per person and you cannot combine with other coupons. Sorry.
                  <sir coupon> You didnt tell me that on the phone.
                  <me> I am sorry sir but the terms are on the coupons, we can't do nothing about it.
                  <Sir coupon> No. No, you didnt tell me that on the phone I dont care what the coupon says.
                  Now you're supposed to read the guy's coupons over the phone?!

What a jackass. Sorry you had to deal with him.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Hanzoku View Post
                    I'd never bother with Yelp to decide on a good location or not. It's simply been far too abused by sucktomers ...
                    South Park skewered the most egregious of the Yelp crowd quite recently. It's worth looking the episode up
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                      Now you're supposed to read the guy's coupons over the phone?!
                      And somehow telepathically know which one(s) the SC intended to use.
                      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth BlueCrypto View Post
                        Oh! Well, if you don't care what the coupons say, then of course I'll let you use all of them! That will be one cent off the 4-topping (plus $X.xx for the extra toppings), the garlic bread will require you to purchase a medium 10-topping to get the bread for free, and the soda coupon is a 12-ounce can for the price of a 2-liter bottle!

What was that? That's not what the coupons say? Huh, I thought you didn't care what the coupons say. If you in fact do care, then we will both care... about every word on the coupon. That's only fair, right? Now read with me "one coupon per customer, per order; not to be used in combination with any other coupon or discount".

Yes, that's what I thought. Pick your poison and pay for your damned order.
                        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                          And somehow telepathically know which one(s) the SC intended to use.
                          Didn't you know that that ability is required in any retail job????
                          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                            Didn't you know that that ability is required in any retail job????
                            Any job.... Not just retail. I work in a vet clinic. I can:

a) take too long and tell them too much about Problem X with their pet;
                            b) fail to tell them enough
                            c) fail to ask them if they have any more questions
                            d) fail to intuit WTH is lurking in the dark corners of their brains...

I have been known to tell people that ESP was not one of the classes I took to get my degree!

Comment

Working...
                            X