This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF is wrong with people.

I'm semiwatching a guy get some stuff to buy, but not really paying attention. He comes up to buy when he said something that turned my brain off.

SC: "What the F happened to YOU?"
    Me: *blink blink* Huh...?
    SC: ......
    ME: ...... you mean my eyes? (I have very bad looking eyes, one is noticbly bigger then the other)

SC: Yeah
    ME: ... nothing
    SC: you were BORN that way?
    ME: Yeah. (I say that quickly while bagging his crap)
    SC: ....*shakes his head in disbelief*

Now, I'm use to my eyes being insulted, but at least everyone else had a stupid reason to do it, (I wouldn't sell them beer, or cigs, or they just felt like being jackasses).
    That one. That one really just came out of the blue. Didn't say sorry, just shook his head in disbelief, like I was some piece of genetic crap that shouldn't even be in his sight. I felt that. I dont understand why, but I did even though I'm not.

BTW: He was an older man, not an insult, but maybe that was why. He was a bigger man, slightly /fat/ (Some people would say) and walking with a cane. But that FEELING that I was trash. That was. Something else for sure.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Some people just really need to be punched in the neck.

Comment

That's really crappy of him. That is socially unacceptable. I don't care if you have a third eye its none of anybody's business but your own. There should have been a school where people were taught manners and that not everybody looks the same and its okay to be different or whatever but damn I'm sorry that jerk did that to you.

Comment

I have tried & tried to understand why people would react that way. If I am ever witness to something like this again I am gonna say something.

(example shortly after man speaks to you)
        Me: WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOU!?
        SC: uh....
        Me: Did you just get old or something? (eat too many donuts??)
        SC: .....
        Me. Yeah, now you know how stupid and rude your question was. (Go ask your dumb, rude questions somewhere else...either that or never leave your house again cuz you are annoying.)
        When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

SC: "What the F... happened to you!?!?"

"Well, first I was born, then spent a few days in hospital, just sleeping and crying while they figured out if there was anything wrong. Then my parents took me home... (contiues life story in excruciating detail for several more hours) ... and then you asked that question."

Comment

SC: What the F... happened to you!?!?

Me: I had to handle some strange guy who was insulting me. I won.
            "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I don't understand why people even care. Few amputations/disfigurements/scars/asymmetrical/less-then-perfect parts affect a person's personality or ability to do things like everyone else.
              "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

What a jerk, i'm sorry you had to put up with that.

I have a lazy eye which is VERY noticeable, especially when i'm tired, I could be looking at you and one eye would be looking to the left, i've had many taunts over the years, high school sucked because of it.

That guy had no right to say that to you and he should learn to mind his own business.
                I am but a tiny, barren, insignificant rock caught in the glorious orbit of your shining sun. Gravekeeper.

Comment

People are just curious, especially when the story they inquire for might have some gory details.

Once, I was walking to the friend of a friend's apartment and noticed halfway there that he was limping. I asked "You're limping ?" (I know, I know. Not the brightest question. Ford Prefect would think of it as a proof I'm human from planet Earth.) "Yeah," he answered. "What did you do ?" He told me that he was hemiplegic. I had spent the whole evening with him and hadn't noticed at all until now.

I couldn't help but ask "Seriously ?", in pure disbelief. (Now, even Ford Prefect would think I'm not particularly bright, even as far as human beings from Earth go). He said "Yeah." And just shrugged it off. I was a bit baffled for a moment, then said "Wow." and shrugged it off, too.
                  "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth Supermarket Slave Girl View Post
                    high school sucked because of it.
                    Ah high school. The bane of my existence. It did, however, turn me into the bitter and resentful person I am today. Which I rather enjoy. (retail hasn't helped.)

But anyway, what a douchebag that guy was. You can console yourself with that fact that he'll live a meaningless, empty life, devoid of any enjoyable relationships with normal people.
                    Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Now I feel bad about complimenting the girl at the used book store. She has an after elbow amputation, with the 3 hook prosthetic. I complimented the oriental fabric she had acrylized to cover the plastic of the arm part. /wince

One of my uncles has one eye noticably larger than the other, now I want to ask him if he's ever had anyone act like that. Course, he's a pretty grizzly guy, he'd probably whap em. When the Harry Potter movie with Mad Eye Moody came out and he saw it, he promply started doing that crap with his eye.....till it made him dizzy and sick. LOL He calls it his "evil eye."

/hugs Plaidman. I wouldn't worry about that guy, I'd worry about how your going to win the heart of Unfazable Girl.
                      ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

oh I feel your pain Plaidman... I have a slight slur to my speach because of a speach impediment I had when I was younger... and I slur a little because I have to slow down to pronounce certain sounds... I've had several people ask if I came to work drunk because of it.
                        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

How terribly insensitive of him. As if he's perfect or something.
                          This message brought to you by a hopeless pop-culture-obsessed social reject.

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                            He was a bigger man, slightly /fat/ (Some people would say) and walking with a cane.
                            Just go ahead and call him fat. Some people need to be fired out of a cannon into the sun.
                            It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                            -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Working...
                            X