Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is banned at your store? STORY TIME!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth drjonah View Post
    As her last parting words, she lifted her hands up and 'prayed to release the devil from me'
    My answer is OK- he has a PFA on me.
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

There was one situation where a customer made a joke about kidnapping and raping the kids in our store. 0.o

He didn't get banned or even kicked out that day. Also, he said it to a manager!!

Comment

We have a couple of ex customers that are banned from services due to physical threats on our techs (pulling guns on them) and one woman that falsely accused every tech that has come to her house of rape.

Comment

Quoth FormerCallingCardRep View Post
          We have a couple of ex customers that are banned from services due to physical threats on our techs (pulling guns on them) and one woman that falsely accused every tech that has come to her house of rape.

I just...I can't...

Holy shit, what is wrong with people?
          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

We have had techs up a pole doing a disconnect and have found a customer at the bottom of the pole with a gun threatening the tech. We have an old man that answered the door with a gun. We have an old retired stripper with severe mental illness that thinks we can see her through the cable box that claims our techs have raped her. Each of these have had the drop line removed and the addresses marked as unservicable as long as x lives there.

Comment

The only people we've banned were our serial shoplifters, a mother and daughter team. The mother has ,well claims, to have been on methadone for 20 years and seems proud of it.I'm sure she's on other drugs too. They shoplift the most inane things, like shampoo.(I stopped the daughter doing that one, hiding a bright pink shampoo bottle under a jacket draped over your arm doesn't work) They get caught , get banned for 6 months and when the time's up they're back

Comment

One of my former coworkers has been banned from the grocery store I work at due to multiple thefts. Not only that, he's not even allowed in the parking lot for any reason whatsoever.
                My Fanfic Page
                My Fiction Page
                My Social Group
                My Pet Social Group
                My You Tube Channel

Comment

Quoth drjonah View Post
                  As her last parting words, she lifted her hands up and 'prayed to release the devil from me'
                  And it was when you banned her.

Only had to ban 1 person in the 20 years I've been doing the restaurant gig. I did write about it here.
                  The sucktomer was being extremely belligerent about the food - which was what he ordered - finally I told him "I'm giving your money back. I am then asking you to leave, and don't return."

I have a feeling, based on his behavior, that it isn't the first time he's been banned from a business.
                  "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth drjonah View Post
                    Taking coupons off of products (the kind that are designed to be used for the item the coupon is attached to) and either trying to use them for something else or putting them in her 'coupon baggie'
                    If only Jebuz mentioned coupon fraud.

"dun fraud teh storz. dis is stealin!"

^Wise words.

My store rarely has coupons but when they do.. I want to shoot myself. Or them. Preferably both. We have a few repeat offenders- of the coupon troll variety. IMO, we should just ban them but management disagrees.

Comment

My current job hasn't banned anyone that I'm privy to; there are a few SCs who 'self-banned' over some imagined slight but one of them was definitely shoplifting. We haven't even banned the known coupon fraudsters.

The bookstore I used to work at...we could and would ban people for the bannable offenses (shoplifting, creeping on anyone, vandalizing merch or the store, etc). We had a large binder in the back room with dates, incidents, descriptions, names if we could get them and in some cases photos.
                      Last edited by Dreamstalker; 09-29-2015, 02:08 PM.
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Since I work for a state-run entity, nothing short of shoplifting gets someone banned, and even then, we have to get a "no trespass" notice from the police to be able to enforce it. This only means they can't come to that *one* specific location, they're free to go to any of the other 20+ shops in the area, unless they have a notice as well.

We also can't refuse service unless a customer is under-age or inebriated. Being an asshole, harassing, swearing, breaking things, etc is not considered a good enough reason to ban someone or ask them to leave, which pisses me off, as there's a regular who comes in and bugs the heck out of my cashiers and makes an overall ass out of himself and yet we're supposed to smile and welcome his patronage.

Comment

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
                          I have a feeling, based on his behavior, that it isn't the first time he's been banned from a business.
                          And he still can't figure out that his behavior is unacceptable.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                            And he still can't figure out that his behavior is unacceptable.
                            Of course not. The problem isn't with HIM, it's that everyone else is too @#$%ing rude and insensitive to his needs and don't know the first thing about customer service.

PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I have a short blacklist of people that I won't sell to.

Generally it's because they are very rude, use an excess of profanity or are so picky that there's no pleasing them.

I'm not going to spend 6+ weeks working on a quilt to someone else's specs, when the specs keep changing daily. Like the lady who swore up and down that she wanted a queen size quilt, then waited until I had ordered the fabric to change it to a lap size. Ugh. I *still* have leftover fabric from that.
                              https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Where I work, we can't ban people.

Usually our "customers" are away anywhere between 30 day to life (depending if they get time off for good behaviour).

Most repeat "customers" don't however.

B
                                "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                                I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Working...
                                X