Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horrible horrible puns! You should all be sent to Prism for those.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I didn't realize you were Desoto people to do this to me.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
        Supreme Fail

What part of the "Don't have it" didn't you get? Was it the "Don't" or the "Have it"?
        I fear that some of the inferior folks who pretend to your vocation may be responsible for this.
        Around 1996 I went away for a week long vacation and returned to find my car gone.
        Feeling it unlikely that anyone stole a 1978 Toyota Corolla I had paid $400 for, I assumed it had been mistakenly towed by my landlord when it hadn't moved in a week. As it was after normal business hours, I started by calling the towing company, who flatly denied having it.

So, one awkward police report later ("No, I don't know my license plate number. It was written on the registration, which was in the car."), I called the landlord's office in the morning to see if they had my plate number off my parking permit. They asked where it had been parked, and then they said they thought they had had my car towed.
        So, I'm back on the phone to the towing company to tell them that while they deny having my car, the landlord says they have it. "It is a red 1978 Toyota Corolla. A very dark red. .... And now that I think about it, I don't think it says 'Toyota' anywhere on the outside of that car."

The guy who had towed it logged it in as a brown Datsun B210.
        So he mistook one of these for one of these. (I can totally get somebody mistaking the super dark maroon that mine was for some kind of redish brown though.)
        I don't expect better from the general populace, but I do kinda expect a professional to know a bit about cars, maybe know the logos of the manufacturers (Toyota logo in the middle of the grille), or perhaps read the dashboard rather than making a blind guess.

Comment

If y'all don't quit these puns you're going to have to dodge me as I ram a dart into your sides to avenger the assault on my good sense.
          At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

We really need a civics lesson, don't we?

It doesn't matter where yugo, there are always people to bug you by sparking a pun war.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              We really need a civics lesson, don't we?

It doesn't matter where yugo, there are always people to bug you by sparking a pun war.
              Wow. That's Chevy.

But you know, next time I get sad, I may just Saab.

And my belly button is an innie, not an Audi.
              Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                Wow. That's Chevy.

But you know, next time I get sad, I may just Saab.
                I mazda have struck a nerve.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                  People with a Cavalier attitude like that need to Pony up the impound fee and leave, or they'll face Twitch's Fury. Shame on a grown woman for acting like a spoiled Brat. With a Stellar performance like that, there's no doubt that she'll Excel in her chosen field.
                  And you thus prove that you're Canadian.

(Well, I knew that already, but how do I know from this? The Hyundai Pony and Stellar were only available in Canada; the Excel was their first US-market vehicle. )

Comment

Quoth SpyOne View Post
                    , but I do kinda expect a professional to know a bit about cars, maybe know the logos of the manufacturers (Toyota logo in the middle of the grille), or perhaps read the dashboard rather than making a blind guess.
                    Heh, you never met Gump.

Gump was convinced that everything about "yeah" wide and "yeah" long was a Honda Civic, didn't matter what it said on it.... so we had a lot of people looking for their Cavalier, or Corolla, or Sentra, only to find out after a day's worth of detective work, that we had it all along, but Gump had written it up as a "Honda Civic"

That was one of the many reasons Gump no longer works here.

Contributing factor was his inability to be made to understand that "Honda" and "Hyundai" are not the same company with the accent on the wrong syllable

According to his paperwork, he towed quite a few Honda Elantras in.....

I don't know why he and other super defectives like him do this, I've asked them point blank why they can't get it right when it's WRITTEN ON THE CAR, they just kinda stare at me blankly and do their best largemouth bass impression until I get bored and wander off.
                    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

He sounds like the sort of person who would think that 14 Shades of Grey was named after 50 Shades of Grey despite the fact that 14 was released eight years before 50.

Then again, working with stupid people is the price you pay to play the game.
                      This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

According to his paperwork, he towed quite a few Honda Elantras in.....
                        There could be a reason for that. Many import car "enthusiasts" (you know, the kind of douchebag that thinks a park bench on the trunk and a fart can exhaust are "engine modifications") resort to sticking Honda badges on their Nissans and Toyotas
                        Last edited by EricKei; 10-23-2015, 01:41 PM. Reason: for lacket of a ]
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

VTEC badges on a Nissan

R-Type badges on a Chevy

Toyota Supra taillights on everything BUT Toyota Supras

Racing seats in a Geo Prizim

I kinda miss the tuner craze..... it was an age of whimsy and playful insanity that shall never come again.
                          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                            a fart can exhaust
                            I laugh inwardly every time I see/hear a car with one of these. Because you just know the driver thinks it's "cool", or something. And you know he's got buddies who think it's cool, too.

And the guys driving these cars always seem to have a certain "look" to them...

Comment

I kinda miss the tuner craze..... it was an age of whimsy and playful insanity that shall never come again.
                              In the area of Texas where I live, there was a "low rider" phase, at one point in the mid-late 1990's. Guys would take the smaller pickups (S-10, Ranger, etc.) and put them about 2 inches off the ground or so.

The shocks would sometimes even stick up into the bed of their trucks. I was driving behind one of these goobers one day, and he had to slow to a crawl just to get over the train tracks.

Comment

VTEC badges on a Nissan

R-Type badges on a Chevy

Toyota Supra taillights on everything BUT Toyota Supras

Racing seats in a Geo Prizim
                                In the town where I live, some guy has a big-ass red pickup with Tonka badging.

No, I'm not kidding.

Comment

Working...
                                X