This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
    The same goes for weather emergencies, like snow; people just order in food, cuz it doesn't occur to them that it might be difficult for a delivery driver to drive on roads, just like it is for them.
    ^^^^ This is the one that still to this day just baffles the shit out of me. People know the weather is crappy outside but think pizza delivery drivers have some kind of magical Harry Potter vehicles or powers that nullifies the shitty weather and we are able to just drive like there is no bad weather and it is a nice warm sunny day.

They just seem to have (and this should not be surprise to anyone here) a disconnect between "WOW the weather is bad outside. I DO NOT want to drive in this crap" TO "HEY I'm hungry. Let's order pizza (for no real good reason). Let someone else risk their vehicle" TO "WHY should I have tip the driver???? They're just doing their job".

********************TAKE tipping rants to Fratching *******************
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

A few years after I left the pizza place, I bumped into an ex colleague. One day there was a shit ton of snow. The owner kept the store open, but made it collection only, basically for the staff who wanted to work and were able to get in, including ex colleague. The amount of SCs that afternoon was incredible; people were calling up and ordering pizza, then throwing tantrums when told that delivery was impossible cuz of the state of the roads.* Eventually, the owner got fed up with all the whining and closed the shop, taking all the employees over the road to the pub. XD

*Basically, the snow was not forecast and therefore the council had not ordered any grit. So the roads were undrivable.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

For some reason on Friday, the line was so short that all of us workers were standing around wondering if there was an accident on the road. Usually the wait time is about 4 hours, on Friday, it was closer to 4 minutes.

We still had people complaining that the wait was too long. I also had someone complaining that he was expected to fill out paperwork because he didn't want to bother with it.

Seriously, if someone can't fill out the paperwork because they can't see or read, I will do it for them. We have translators in case they don't understand English or Spanish. We do our best to help people.

Lazy people who don't want to bother can just get denied because they didn't feel like doing what is required. I know that is mean of me to say, but I'm getting really tired of people who think that they are better than everyone else asking for help.

Comment

Once upon a time I ordered a pizza from the local Pizza Lean-to. It was raining rather heavily at the time, and was informed they were not delivering. So I changed the order to a pick up. After a short wait, I drove over to pick up my pizza, only to find out it has been sent out for delivery. But no one was home because we all went over together to pick up the pizza. I had to wait for them to fix a new pizza, but I did get to enjoy one.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Okay, I admit that I do order delivery when the weather is horrible. However, my tips are proportionate to the weather - the worse the weather, the higher the tip.
            I even ordered a pizza in the middle of Snowmaggedon, and I *told* the delivery guy that there was no parking, and please call me when he arrived in the parking lot and I'd come down and pick it up. He found a spot and actually brought it to my door! I think I tipped him about 50% for that feat.

Comment

Quoth ladyjaneinmd View Post
              Okay, I admit that I do order delivery when the weather is horrible. However, my tips are proportionate to the weather - the worse the weather, the higher the tip.
              I even ordered a pizza in the middle of Snowmaggedon, and I *told* the delivery guy that there was no parking, and please call me when he arrived in the parking lot and I'd come down and pick it up. He found a spot and actually brought it to my door! I think I tipped him about 50% for that feat.
              Delivery drivers everywhere worship people like you. THANK YOU THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts.
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I'd imagine that customers like Lady Jane frequently get their pizza delivered by people with black eyes and/or bloody noses - from the fights over who gets to deliver to a big tipper.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I have delivered pizza in severe rainstorms - and come back (soaked, cause, y'know, rain) to have my boss rather amusedly telling me that the customer complained because I was WET!

Apparently it's unprofessional to be wet when it's raining. Who knew?
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                    I have delivered pizza in severe rainstorms - and come back (soaked, cause, y'know, rain) to have my boss rather amusedly telling me that the customer complained because I was WET!
                    Shades of customers at work complaining that the carts are wet when it's raining outside. Sorry, they're not paying me to individually towel-dry every carriage after I bring it in...

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      I'd imagine that customers like Lady Jane frequently get their pizza delivered by people with black eyes and/or bloody noses - from the fights over who gets to deliver to a big tipper.
                      I've been told that the manager of the pizza place we order from gives my orders to people as a reward or to make up for the SC's who complain and don't tip. Oddly enough, my orders usually have extra stuff included. Strange how good customers get rewarded

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                        Haha!! I have often pictured the fights that must go on in the back rooms of the places I order from.
                        "It's MY turn!" "No, it's my turn!"

Comment

Lol, sounds like a customer who used to order from the pizza place. She'd give the drivers home made cookies, and the drivers would fight over who got to take her order in. XD
                          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                          X