This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you really just say that?

So I work at a tiny little mall shop. Work part time, not too much suck, thank goodness! Until yesterday.

The players: Awesome Assistant Manager (AAM), me, idiot customer (IC), and idiot customers wife (icw).

AAM is checking out ICW in the till, and her husband IC wanders about, ending up behind the till. This is where the suck starts.

Me: *firmly* you can't be back here.
    IC: what it's not like I am going to assault* you or anything.
    Me: *glare of death*
    IC: *sulks off, to ICW* I'll wait outside.
    ICW: what did you say to him.
    Me: just told him he can't be back here.

After she left AAM turns to me, and asks me what he said. I repeat it, she promptly pulls our cart across to block people from coming back behind the registers.

So yeah. I'd like to thank that customer for making me feel unsafe in my own store.

* he didn't use the word assault. He used the r word but I am trying to be polite.

Quoth Retail Ninja View Post
    * he didn't use the word assault. He used the r word but I am trying to be polite.
    Some people need a
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I agree with you there. It.... it was skeevy.

Comment

You don't need to censor yourself unless you want to. Some of us cuss like sailors after an awful day at work. And some of the customers are worse. You can post verbatim what was said.

Regardless, IC had no business being behind the till, and he knew it. That's why he said such an awful thing.

to
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Wow, that's hella weird. I've only had young toddlers do that and when they do, their parents are understanding why we don't want them back there.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
            You don't need to censor yourself unless you want to. Some of us cuss like sailors after an awful day at work. And some of the customers are worse. You can post verbatim what was said.
            True, although we prefer you don't overdo it, i.e. every other word in your sentence is "fuck." Unless, of course, you're quoting what the sucky customer said.
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I don't think this R word is necessarily impolite, but it can be upsetting. As for the context, it was a bloody stupid thing to say & I hope his car gets hit by every loose shopping cart in every mall car park for the rest of his days.
              This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
              I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I agree with you there. It.... it was skeevy.
                It is always skeevy and repulsive and sickening.

I worked at a company where we went overseas to a very primitive country where the native women often still wear their native dress. One pig of a man who had worked in that country for years was looking at a photograph of native women lined up and he said:-

[Country] "is the only place in the world where you don't think of raping the women because they are so ugly." This was in front of 3 or 4 women who worked there and about 5 other men.

There was a shocked silence. I think that all of us didn't know what to say to this man. He was older than all of us and he should have known better, but he didn't. The worst thing was that I reported it to the owner of the company along with the comment from one of the women there, that she would not work overtime with that man in the building as she would not be left alone with him.

That owner did nothing about it. Soon after that I left that company. That man's continued employment there was one of the reasons I left.

Comment

Some people have no sense of bounds. Even when I go back to a old store I used to work at and know the people there, I don't just go busting behind the counter.
                  AkaiKitsune
                  Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

I'd ask for your manager's permission to lower the banhammer if he comes in again and says anything so skeevy/creepy.

Comment

Anyone who uses the term "rape" in casual conversation is an asshole.

Comment

No kidding, this SC deserves a ban.

BTW, someone inform Lord Helmet that his deserter has been spotted.
                        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                          Anyone who uses the term "rape" in casual conversation is an asshole.
                          What about 40lb of it.
                          AkaiKitsune
                          Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

We have a door to block off the sales floor from the registers, well, more like a half door but it opens out into the floor instead of behind the counter so we leave it open because there's really no room to move when it swings open. The only one that come behind the counter are overactive children and old people who don't look where they're going. They usually realize their mistake and move on out.
                            I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

To the people who said he should be banned, I agree. However not likely going to happen. My manager and I were talking about the situation, and the manager finally heard what the guy said to us!

Me: did you hear about what happened Sunday?
                              Manager: *teasing* yeah heard you were about to beat up a guy for coming behind the register.
                              Me: did AAM tell you what he said to us?
                              Manager: no.
                              Me: *tells him*
                              Manager: what a douchebag!

And then I found out we have to be really careful about banning people.
                              He ever comes into my store again, and I am alone? I am calling security.

It's retail and not worth getting attacked over....

Comment

Working...
                              X