This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piercings, customers, and blushing!

Not really a SUCKY customer story, but a customer story that left me speechless.

My store has a very liberal policy on piercings - right now, I'm sporting 00 gauge holes in each ear, with eyelets through them and 6 gauge rings through the eyelets.

Well, a customer was asking how much it hurt to stretch - this customer looked to be in her mid 40s or so, and had what looked to be either an older sister or her mother with her.

When she drops this gem:

"I bet you're the kind of guy who has a penis piercing!"

Cue jaw dropping, turning bright red, and being left completely speechless. For both me and the woman with her.

I finally managed to stammer out "No, it's not pierced. But congratulations, you're the first customer that's ever made me blush!"

Every time I think I've seen it all......
    Last edited by bean; 05-20-2008, 04:45 AM.

I think I'm the opposite, I have my PA done but I probably don't "look the part". I don't have any visible piercing (my ears are shrunk from 0g to less than a 14g). My 10g nipples are retired.

Great story.

Comment

What, Bean, you DON'T have a PA? Wow... I thought that was the new black...

Heh, I know what you mean, though. My ears are 6s, I've got a Biohazard tattoo on my chest, and people automatically assume I've got metal in my.... personal areas.
      Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Funny story actually....

I was dead set on getting a PA done. Walked into a shop, cash in hand.

Somehow I managed to walk out without a hole in my penis.. and my first tattoo fresh on my arm.

One of our concierges has an apadrayva. *wince* And doesn't look the part at all. He's in his mid 30s, looks pretty normal, though he's certainly one of the more unique people there.

I don't really "look metal" these days, at least not since cutting my hair. It used to be about 1/4 - 1/3 of the way down my back, now it's only a few inches long. So aside from the holes in my ears and a missing tooth, I look relatively normal.

I've retired all of my other piercings - to date my left ear has been pierced 3 times in various ways, my right only once, my left eyebrow twice, my right eyebrow once. Just down to the 2 gaping holes in my ears.

Comment

I dated a guy who had a double PA... but I liked the ladder piercing better.
          You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Comment

I seriously doubt that Prince Albert looked the part, either.

Comment

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA @ RK

By my mother's estimation, I'm starting to look the part, finally got my nose done after a record 13 years of wanting it, and now since my hair is blue, my mother is convinced that I have a tattoo.....that is until she came over to babysit, caught me in the shower and DEMANDED that I turn around so she could see it! It doesn't exist, though for months I told her I was going to use my taxes to get the color done.

She just now, this last week, asked if I had a peircing *down there*.......I don't, but she's freaking out so much, I just may play along for entertainment.

I love my mom.......
              ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

I don't "look the part" either - AT ALL. I have retired all but my navel piercing. I had my tongue pierced twice and one of my nipples - twice. The ears are pierced multiple times but not stretched and I have 6 non-visible tattoos. Two of the tats will make special apperances if my hair is in a pony tail or my jeans ride low...which they usually do.
                "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

ladder piercing?? can you expand on this?
                  look! it's ghengis khan!
                  Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Uh, the best way to describe this with out being to vulgar-

Highlight to read.

Mostly on men's sensitive area, barbells are in a row, usually done on the top side (but can be done on the bottom). When done it looks like this
                    I I I I I
                    (where the | would be under the skin showing only the bells on the side.). Usually a series of 3 piercings, but can be more.

Image here shown on a HAND- work safe, but some blood warning:

http://www.surface-piercing.engineer...Piercing-1.jpg

The ladder I was referring to would be the ones with out the spikes.
                    Last edited by Gothicsmurf; 05-20-2008, 05:06 PM.
                    You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Comment

What's even better is freaking the customer out.
                      I had a woman ask me about my piercings and tell me about how her navel piercing got infected.
                      She told me she took the jewelry out right away and I gave her a look and said, "You know you're NEVER supposed to take the jewelry out of an infected piercing!"
                      She was visibly confused and I explained to her that removing the jewelry could very well trap the infection inside her body when the hole closes up, and treating it would become near impossible without a doctor.

She left looking terrified and asked if she should go see a doctor. I told her yes, and next time she gets an infectio to leave the jewelry IN and treat it, THEN once it's healed, remove the jewelry.

Comment

The only piercings I have (other than vanilla ear) is both nipples, I'm more into the tats.

Here's my back

Click image for larger version

Name:	amy's backpiece.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	2028817

It swings around and goes down my leg into a wildcat staring out of Ivy and a largeish dragon on my left shoulder blade. Since none of them really show I've never had the chance to freak a customer out but it would have been fun!

Woot! 100th post has the back tat
                        Last edited by ta2ooed1; 05-20-2008, 05:13 PM. Reason: 100th
                        I used to be disgusted... Now I'm just amused

Comment

BMEZine is a really good place if you have questions about what a particular piercing looks like. Definitely NSFW, though, and certainly not for the weak.

Comment

Quoth ta2ooed1 View Post
                            Since none of them really show I've never had the chance to freak a customer out but it would have been fun!
                            We allow visible tattoos at work as long as they're not on the face and not offensive to your typical person.

.... yeah, there's a LOT of ink there. I look pretty tame compared to most.

Comment

Quoth SC Slave View Post
                              BMEZine
                              My ex was one of the most straight laced looking guys ever. Mid-30's, short hair, glasses, wore khaki's and button down shirts daily, no tattoo's, no piercings, worked as a librarian. He introduced me to some BME zine's and websites.

I knew that stuff was out there, I just never really looked for it at all.

Man, I miss him.
                              Last edited by Gothicsmurf; 05-20-2008, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X