This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attacked on a Train by SC! (Long-ish)

We had had a corporate day at work meaning I had to wear my name bag, logo pin and scarf because we had Big Wigs coming around the building. Whatever no biggie. I leave all these items at work and just make sure I wear something very corporate and nice to work that day!

This day I forgot to take my Name Badge off. It also has my work logo on it. BIG MISTAKE. I get on the train, manage to ninja myself a seat (Sydney Public Transport requires Ninja skills let me tell you) and sit down, listening to my Ipod (not too loudly) with my eyes closed as they hurt from looking at my screen all day.

SUDDENLY I feel someone pull out my ear phones and grab my arm roughly and try and pull me to my feet. I open my eyes to see a BIG SCARY man in my face yelling at me... Cue me nearly having a heart attack!

SC: YOU! YOU F**KING B**CH YOU SCREWED ME OVER
    Me: Get Off Me!! Who the hell are you? (Never seen this guy before!)
    SC: YOU F**KING WHORE! *incorherant rambling about how I cheated him*

At this point I'm trapped in my seat with terrified looking people on either side. Trying to figure out what the hell to do!

ME: Not Happy!
    SC: Raving Lunatic!
    GS: Good Samaritan!

Me: Look I don't know who the hell you are or what your on about! LEAVE ME ALONE!
    SC: YOU WORK FOR <MY COMPANY NAME> !!!!
    Me: *Confused then remembers name badge* So what?
    SC: I AM GOING TO REPORT YOUR TO THE POLICE FOR HARASSMENT! YOUR COMPANY IS TRYING TO RUIN ME! YOUR FOLLOWING ME
    Me: *is getting very angry at this point. When I get scared I tend to get angry over the top of it*
    SC: YOUR GOING TO GET ARRESTED AND CHARGED YOU FILTHY C**T
    Me: *Snaps and stands up* GET OFF ME! I don't care what you think of the company I work for THAT DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO ATTACK ME ON MY WAY HOME FROM WORK! If you don't get away from me right now I will call the police myself and have you arrested for assault!
    SC: *looks about ready to yell again*
    GS: Excuse me, Sir could you please leave this girl alone!
    SC: YOU STAY OUT OF THIS! <My Company Name> CHEATED ME AND SHE IS ONE OF THEM (Paranoid Much?)
    GS: *Calmly* Sir Either you leave or I'm going to have to make you leave.
    SC: YOU CAN TRY *Turns backs to me* YOU ARE NOT GOING TO HEAR THE END OF THIS YOU F**KING B**CH

OK Keep in mind he still has me by the arm! This all happened VERY QUICKLY! I decided the best way to treat this was to be calm as the guy helping me was and try and reason with him before this got REALLY REALLY UGLY!

Me: If you have a complaint about <my company> you can call our head office.
    SC: *whips back to me and YANKS on my arm* WHAT DID YOU SAY!
    Me: I said if you have a complaint about <My company> you can speak to head office about it!
    SC: *glares* WHY WOULD THEY HELP?
    Me: *Pulls arm out of his grip and sighs* Look, if one of our franchises F**cked you over then you need to speak to someone in head office. There is nothing I can do on a train right now for you.
    GS: How about you go home and do as she says *Putting himself nearer to me*
    SC: *looks about wildly* I don't have the number.
    Me: *Cuts him off and Pulls out notebook writes down number and hands it to him* Thats the best I can do since I am train after being FREAKING attacked by you.
    SC: *looks bewildered and completely out of his depth*
    GS: Sir, How about you find somewhere else to be that isn't here!
    Me: *grateful* You can call them tomorrow.

At this point the train stops and crazy man decides to get off train! Much relief from everyone in the carriage. People are throwing questions at me right left and center. What Do I do? Sit Down, Take OFF my name badge (Resist urge to throw it out the window) and put my ear phones back in! I hate public transport but I hate the Public themselves more!

Oh my god. That is was just all kinds of insane. Thank goodness GS stepped forward.

I'm so glad you're okay and you made it home safely. Did you make a police report? Most of the public transport here has video so there would be a recording of the attacker.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I was to tired to report it to the police. I did let the guards at the station i get off at know (they are awesome and know me) If I make a police report it will have to be looked into and that includes my company and it would be this massive deal work.

Right now I just dont think I can handle the hassle and the crap that work would create!

Comment

How would your company get involved?

Definately file a police report. At a minimum, see about getting a restraining order. Maybe he's just a bag of hot air, or maybe he's something else. Don't risk it.

EDIT: Even if you don't file a report with the police, write one out anyway ASAP, on paper, signed and dated. Better to have and not need, than to need and not have, just in case.
        Last edited by Talon; 05-22-2008, 12:32 AM.
        Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Good lord, I would have been posotivley shitting myself if that happened to me, good on you for keeping your cool, cause I probably wouldn't have.
          I am but a tiny, barren, insignificant rock caught in the glorious orbit of your shining sun. Gravekeeper.

Comment

I am completely disgusted.

Any way you can find a ride to work from a friend for a while? Do you have your own vehicle?
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

i can honestly say if anyone tried that on me they might be leaving the train on a stretcher, depending on where i threw them, and how they reacted to being thrown across a train

are tasers or pepper spray legal where you are?

Comment

Wow!!! All I have to say is you are so brave how you handled yourself, and the GS was awesome too. I can't imagine going through an experience like that.

Comment

Quoth Talon View Post
                  How would your company get involved?

Definately file a police report. At a minimum, see about getting a restraining order. Maybe he's just a bag of hot air, or maybe he's something else. Don't risk it.

EDIT: Even if you don't file a report with the police, write one out anyway ASAP, on paper, signed and dated. Better to have and not need, than to need and not have, just in case.

I have already got the incident already written out on both my work computer, home computer and saved in my email I cant get a restraining order as I don't know who he was (as I said never meet the guy)

I'm pretty sure it was an attack of Opportunity and I just happened to be wearing my name badge with the logo of THEM on it. I Also forgot to get GS's name as well (which I regret cause he was uber nice!) At this point I'm going to believe it was a single isolated incident and keep an eye out. I see him again I will file a report though!

Comment

Wow.
                    Wow. That could have gone much worse. See, people like that make me glad there's such a thing as pepper spray. [Not that I have any.... yet.]

I'm not a big girl, and I'm told I look 12, but if someone did that to me they'd find themselves on the floor with a shoe stuffed down their throat and a tiny girl screeching incoherently in the corner.

Comment

Sweet merciful crap.

Good work for handling it well. I don't know what I would have done. Punched the guy in the throat or curled up and started crying or something.
                      Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth AKWalMartCartGuy View Post
                        i can honestly say if anyone tried that on me they might be leaving the train on a stretcher, depending on where i threw them, and how they reacted to being thrown across a train

are tasers or pepper spray legal where you are?
                        No and No. Even our Police officers don't carry Tasers.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                          I am completely disgusted.

Any way you can find a ride to work from a friend for a while? Do you have your own vehicle?
                          No one really lives out my way and I do have a car but I dont have a license yet and parking around my work is basically non existant

Comment

Good thing the GS stepped in. Did you file a police report?
                            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I was VERY VERY tempted to hit this guy I was so angry. Its one thing to get yelled at when you are at work. But to be basically attacked on your way home for something that doesn't involve you at all is terrifying!

My company has 700 Real Estate Franchises world wide and we are constantly growing. In Sydney alone we have over 100 Franchises meaning he could of been involved with any one of them. I work for the Corporate office which gives me even less contact with our Customers in General! So it was completely out of the blue!
                              Sadly not the first time I have had people approach me outside of work about my company when I have forgotten to take off the name badge!! Stupid Corporate day!

Comment

Working...
                              X