This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you KNOW you have a SC and a scammer

My department closes at 9, it as about 8:30 I finished up my required closing duties and move on to some other stuff. We had to move a few items on the sales floor by Sunday close. Since I had time I decided to get this done today. I am in uniform and moving some items into one area from another and moving a few displays around. Now the SC's walk by me and go up the counter, facing the back room.

SC1: *VERY loudly* Hey! anybody work here! hellooooo!
    ME: Hi! Can I help you?
    SC1: .....
    Me: ....
    SC1: I was in last week and got a cake for 4.99. How much are your cakes?
    Me: All are cakes have a price tag on them. The only cakes on sale are there *points to area in case where we have some graduation and memorial day cakes on sale*
    SC1: So no cakes for 4.99?
    Me: The only cakes we have at that price are 4" cakes.
    SC2: well, last week we got.....
    SC1: Never mind. we will look for a minute.
    Me: Ok. Let me know if you have any questions.

They look for a minute and pick a cake out. They want writing on it.

Me: *In back room* what would you like written on it?
    SC2: *gives phrase*
    Me: any color?
    SC1: Let me call <so and so> and ask him.

WHY can people not know what they want BEFORE they attempt to order.

SC1: *On phone* Hi <so and so> how is everything. Good. Is that <another person> i hear. can I talkt to them. How are you. Good to hear. Great I just....

SC1 talked for 4 minutes before SC1 asked what color. In the mean time I went back to the floor to finish up what I was doing. SC1 calls me over and I write what they want. I present them the cake and they both are very happy. They wander off. A minuter later...

SC1: can you change this to <different name>
    Me: yes, but it will not look as good because some of the original writing bleeds into the frosting.
    SC1: That's OK.

I make the correction and everything looks good. Customer is happy that it looks so good and wanders off. A few minutes later the manager calls and says a customer is at the register and was not happy that the cake looked bad, so MOD gave it to them for half off. The cake they picked was 9.99.

I explain to the MOD what happened and the MOD refused to admit that these two SC's scammed us to get the price they wanted.

The MOD didn't believe you? After it's so obvious it practically slapped them in the face? Why would an honest customer want a name changed on a cake? Shouldn't you know who the cake is for before you have ppl put writing on it? Jeeze! I would pitch a fit!
    Check out my cosplay social group!
    http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Not worth a fit. If you are about to get written up, THAT is when the fit starts.
      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth Gabrielle Proctor View Post
        The MOD didn't believe you? After it's so obvious it practically slapped them in the face? Why would an honest customer want a name changed on a cake? Shouldn't you know who the cake is for before you have ppl put writing on it? Jeeze! I would pitch a fit!
        Dear God, teh Cake From Hell (not what my mom called it).

First attempt- Happy Birthday Jo and Friskie

Second- Happy Anniversary Joe and Friskie

(I seem to think there might have been one more in here

Final (and right) Happy Anniversary Joe and Fiskie

Three if not 4!! tries to get Happy Anniversary Joe and Fiskie on a cake.

Comment

Yeah, that sounds like a scam to me. It doesn't seem like it was planned in advance, though, so I honestly have to give the SCs a little credit for thinking on their feet like that. I don't think I would have thought of that (of course, I also don't think I would have been as focused on getting a discounted cake as I would have been on just getting a decent cake for a decent price).

OT: I once ordered a cake for a family in my neighborhood who did many favors for me during my last year of high school. I specifically asked the decorator to write on the cake "Happy 94th Birthday, Gertie" in nice big letters, then, in thin and cheap-looking frosting, cross it out and write off to the side "Thanks for Everything, Johnson Family!" It was great.
          I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
          - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
          - IPF

Comment

Well, now you know why they got a cake last week for $4.99...
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
              OT: I once ordered a cake for a family in my neighborhood who did many favors for me during my last year of high school. I specifically asked the decorator to write on the cake "Happy 94th Birthday, Gertie" in nice big letters, then, in thin and cheap-looking frosting, cross it out and write off to the side "Thanks for Everything, Johnson Family!" It was great.
              That's awesome!
              "...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?!" ~ Kalga

"DO NOT ENRAGE THE MIGHTY SKY DRAGON." ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                Well, now you know why they got a cake last week for $4.99...
                My thoughts exactly.
                This message brought to you by a hopeless pop-culture-obsessed social reject.

Comment

Working...
                X