This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearing Aids

This one came from one of my favorite owners. He's just amazing. He calls, we get business done and just putz around for about five minutes or so before he hangs up. I <3 Mr. C.

So, we finished doing what we had to do yesterday and he goes into this, because we'd briefly touched the subject of older people not wanting to admit they're going deaf (case in pointL: Mr. C himself; his own words too!) :

Husband and wife team, late in their life, go to visit the doctor for their yearly check up. As the wife is leaving the room, the husband turns to the kind doctor and says, “Doctor, I only bring this up now because I don’t want to upset my wife’s sensitivities. I think she’s going deaf, doctor. I don’t want to upset her by subjecting her to medical exams. Is there anything I can do to find out if she really is deaf before suggesting she should get tested for hearing loss?”

The doctor smiles and says “Well, there’s a very simple way to go about this. Ask her a simple question in a normal tone and pitch of voice from a certain distance. Repeat the question by moving closer to her until she answers. If the distance between the two of you is too short, she needs to come in and get herself fitted for hearing aids.”

The husband nods, thanks the doctor and heads home. Its soon dinner time and the man realizes it is now just the perfect time to follow through with the good doctor’s advice. He folds his newspaper, clears his throat and speaks out to his wife who is now in the kitchen preparing the meal and says “Honey, what are we having for dinner?”

There is no answer.

Perplexed, the husband gets up, sits on the couch closer to the kitchen and asks again: “Honey, what’s for dinner?”

No answer.

Worried, the husband goes up to his wife and asks a third time, “Honey, what’s for dinner?”

At this point, the wife slams down her hand on the counter and snaps. “For the LAST time, we’re having chicken!”
    "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Another hearing aid joke

"Hey, Charlie, great to see you! I got this new hearing aid and it's absolutely amazing! I can hear clearly again!"
    "Really? What kind is it?"
    "About ten after five."

I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Three hard-of-hearing old ladies are sitting on a park bench.

"Windy, isn't it?" says the first one.

"No, it's Thursday!", answers the second one.

"Me too!" says the third one, "Let's go get a drink!"
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Two nuns are sharing a bath, one asks "Where's the soap?" and the other one says "Yes it certainly does."

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
          Two nuns are sharing a bath, one asks "Where's the soap?" and the other one says "Yes it certainly does."
          Explanation, please?
          I HATE stupid people!

Comment

A play on the similarity between "where" and "wear" - think about it

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
            X