This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crackle, Crackle!

I'm not putting this in sucky customers, because she wasn't sucky herself but the whole conversation was.

She was apparently calling from a mobile/cell phone which did not have good signal, I kept losing her through horrendous crackling noises.I asked if I could call her back on a different phone, or if she could call back from a different phone, she said she couldn't.

So the whole conversation went like this -

me - "what's your account number"
    her "mmph, ngg, mfgp
    me - "pardon"
    her "greumph, mghh, jaiiiimmmmmmm
    me - "i only got half of that, sorry"

It was really difficult. I could not hang up as she only had that phone to use and was not being sucky in herself.
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Then you get the ones with crappy reception and insist on standing next to an espresso machine (we sell to cafes amongst other places) or walking in a very windy outdoor area.

Rapscallion

Comment

They gave our employees on the plant floor cell phones tapped into the office system. Now, instead of going into the little office to answer the phone, they can answer it anywhere - and they always choose to answer it while standing under a jet engine. That's when they can hear it ringing - they told us to let it ring at least twenty times, because they couldn't hear the damned things.

Set 'em to vibrate, guys.

Love, Who?

Comment

I have been guilty of making that call

In my defence, It seems I live in a mobile signal black hole in the middle of an otherwise well provisioned area & as a result last year took advantage of a signal booster offer from my provider.

Couple of months ago it kept cutting out once a day (later found out they were having networking problems & wasn't my ISP to blame like they were trying to tell me!)

Bearing in mind that I had called because the signal booster kept failing.. part way through the call I heard, "I'm sorry, I'm having trouble catching what you are saying"

DOH! yes.. that's what happens when the signal booster is down :facepalm:

I remained polite though
        Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
          Then you get the ones with crappy reception and insist on standing next to an espresso machine (we sell to cafes amongst other places) or walking in a very windy outdoor area.

Rapscallion
          QFT.

I once had a customer who called the emergency travel line on a Saturday, and apparently was seated next to the espresso machine in a coffee house. That's sucky enough, but the reason for her call wasn't even urgent. She insisted on booking an entire month's worth of travel as she sat next to this machine.

Queue 30 minutes of sheer torture for me saying 'what...what...pardon?', as the machine whipped up coffee treats.

This was well over a year ago and I still cringe when I think about it. Bitch.
          Last edited by Peppergirl; 05-01-2010, 04:33 PM.
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
          X