X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waaaaaah

Move this if needed mods A little rant today

The things people complain about now a days floors me.

Lately co workers have been bitching about getting called in on a day off, the dress code (sales...shirt tie and dress pants, deal with it) wahh we want better benefits, we want better comission.

WTF the things i hear peopleat work bitch about, even on this site have me shaking my head. Harassment laws need to be dialed WAY down and the reasons to fire someone should always be "if they deserve it"

When i was 17 i worked a week full of 20 hour shifts, cause my boss told me to, i got 4 hours of sleep IN my work truck, not the best circumstance but all in all i did my job.

More people need to just listen to their managers....if it doesnt make sense then deal with it and do it anyways, smile at work and get paid....i just dont get why everythign has to be a damned lawsuit. Literally had a girl in a tool crib job while welding wear a shirt showing boob and tried to claim harassment when the guys said "wow, that shirt accents your boobs" in many different ways. If you dont want the attention DONT WEAR THAT SHIT.

At the end of the day most employees need to understand that they brought punishment on themselves and they probably deserved it. If your boss is trying to run you out of the business...its something you did, hes the boss he can do that, deal with it!

All this was brought up by us talking about a person on staff who flirts, then gets mad when she gets hit on back, whines about her hours then gets mad when shes called in, and refuses to go outside the confines of her job description and demands a raise, and wears VERY revealing clothes then complaines when shes looked at. I dont fuckin get it.

Ew. That's not right. I agree very much with "If you're getting paid, realize what a job is."

The only thing I wouldn't necessarily agree with is the getting called in on your day off if you've requested it. If I was called in on a day I know I have off and free, I'd actually be pretty honored that they actually need me and could use me.

But if they called me in on the Sabbath (Well, that's a different truck of hell entirely, now isn't it.) or on a day I actually specifically requested off due to extenuiating circumstances, I'd be pretty miffed. I mean, if I have a final on the 26th, and I get called in to work anyway, I'm not going. It may be your store, but it's my life. I'm more than happy to work any other time, but if I have to request off for something, at least schedule me for the next day and ask around to see who can be rescheduled. I'm not missing an exam.
    SC: "Are you new or something?"
    Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

And some people just like to complain... doesn't matter if anyone else agrees with them, but if there is agreement, it just makes them worse.
      Make a list of important things to do today.
      At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
      Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Working...
      X