This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
    I REALLY miss MS-DOS 6.2. They got that version mostly right after a few bad attempts..
    I still have MS-DOS 6.22 installed on one of my computers. I also have the Windows 3.1 disks, but it is not installed. I keep that computer because it is the only way I can read my collection of 5ΒΌ inch disks.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

You should consider getting a Kryoflux board. It's a USB converter for 5.25 inch drives.

Comment

Quoth Silent-Hunter View Post
        You should consider getting a Kryoflux board. It's a USB converter for 5.25 inch drives.
        yabbut that thing costs 95 euros plus shipping from Germany. I can put together an old computer from stuff already in my basement for less than that.

(I had a setup that let me read Apple ][+ disks on an IBM 5-1/4" drive, which has always been assumed impossible. It only works if the 5-1/4" drive is a slave on the same cable that has a 3-1/2" drive as master, as it uses some of the smaller drive's circuitry. My current motherboard unfortunately can't control more than one floppy drive, so I can't do this anymore with this hardware. Not to mention anything I have on Apple ][+ drives is probably already available somewhere for download in .dsk format.)
        Last edited by Shalom; 12-09-2014, 01:05 AM. Reason: Apple, not Apply. I've been typing too many prescriptions, the finger macro does that automatically.

Comment

Quoth bbbr View Post
          I've got a 20 year old windows 3.1 machine controlling my industrial laser welder (via a proprietary software interface). I can't wait for the day it has issues so I stand a halfway chance of getting a stripped down xp box to run it instead. Of course the way my company works i'll wind up with the windows 98 version instead.

Wow.. us running Element Management Systems on 15 - 20 year old SPARC Platforms doesn't seem so bad..
          Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Working...
          X